2015-16 NBA Season

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by shane0911, Oct 29, 2015.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

The 76ers will beat the Warriors. :p

tirk and islstl like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Question for those of you who actually know something about basketball. Given that the Pelicans might be contending for the number one pick, and that the consensus is Ben Simmons will be the best player in the draft, how do you think Simmons and Anthony Davis would fit together in the same lineup?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Won't happen. No matter how bad the Pelicans are the 76ers are worse. Unless the Pels get lucky with the ping pong balls.

4. mctiger

That wasn't the question.

5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

We did with Davis if you remember that year's draft lottery...

tirk likes this.
  6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

As great as both those players are, not sure if they could co-exist on the same team (chemistry may not be there) Very similar type game except for Simmons' handling of the ball (which makes him super special). I would think they could trade down and get a bonanza of picks as Simmons will be the most sought after player since LeBron.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When you have a chance to get a player of Simmons magnitude you take him. Remember Same Bowie? Of course you do remember the player taken next.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

simmons and davis would pass the ball to each other til the time clock ran out. seriously though, I think theyd be great together. both unselfish players who can create their shots on anyone. One would always have an open look.

ParadiseiNC and islstl like this.
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So Boston appears to be the only team in the way of the Warriors making it to 32 in a row. Tomorrow night it all goes down.

Then it's Milwaukee home and away with Phoenix sandwiched in between and finally Utah (three lousy teams, 4 easy wins).

10. mctiger

I think Davis is willing to take the shot. They'd be kind of an oddball pairing....People keep talking about him and Lebron, but I think a better comparison is Magic Johnson. More like an oversized point guard with more of an inside game than outside, and the passing skills to make the guys around him better. Davis on the other hand, is bigger, but has a better outside game and can play facing the basket or back to the goal. But if the ultimate concern is can they co-exist, I think they can, because I think offensively, Simmons would be willing to facilitate Davis.