2015 DT Daylon Mack

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 19, 2014.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that he only goes after high character guys but that his approach tends to be more effective on high character guys as he stresses family, unselfishness etc.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Good info...Can't blame him on thinking that way but I am sure he is seeing the LSU early departures tearing up the NFL right now. I am sure the LSU staff is selling it that way and Bama the other.

northernvatiger and LSUDad like this.
  3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Great point. Plus, am I wrong in saying that right now, former Tigers are doing much better in the NFL than former Bama players? Seems like ol' Nick uses his guys up by the time they hit the NFL.

mctiger, rockwallfan and LSUDad like this.
  4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

I think we say that because the guys that are supposed to be really, really good like Andre Smith and the big boy from a few years ago who blocked a bunch of kicks...are just banged up and never really reach that all-world potential they left school with. Then there's Trent Richardson who's said to have overworked his body on heavy lifting. But you could make a case that Bama guys are having just as much success when you consider what Julio is doing to the league, Eddie Lacy and Clinton-Dix in Green Bay, Fluker in San Diego all come to mind. The Guard in Tennessee and the LB in Baltimore (Moseley I think?) have been really good at different points this season as well. I think our guys are coming in fresher though despite playing as much football. Practice habits maybe? Playing hurt too early? I think players are starting to realize they are still developing at 19-21 and playing with too many injuries has long-term impacts. It's one thing to play injured at 25 but at 19 you haven't fully matured.

Who knows, but like LSUDad points out, there are coaches who prefers LSU players because they're not beat up. Then I believe we have more guys who were supposed to be just okay who have turned out to be really good like pre-injury Ridley and Perry Riley.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Agree LSU does a great job in getting players Pro ready. Mett, Landry and now Jeremy Hill have all came out and said the transition into the NFL was helped by Cam. We have been real thin at putting players into the Pros from our OL, gonna change real soon.

northernvatiger likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Shit man, and I know it's early in his career but Fluker is getting roasted this year.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. didit

didit Veteran Member

Maybe the money he admitted to taking in college (allegedly) is slowing him down...

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I know in the few San Diego
    games I've watched Rivers has been yelling at him and just livid because Fluker has given up some bad sacks at key times.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Heard he now canceled his LSU visit with Chavis leaving.

GregLSU likes this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Yup... A&M is now back in the mix.