2015 FB Bry'Keithon Mouton Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDad, Aug 1, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

LSU landed its 15th commitment for the 2015 class on Friday as three-star tight end Bry'Keithon Mouton made the call to head coach Les Miles.

In Mouton, the Tigers landed a 6-foot-2, 230-pounder that will fill an H-back/tight end role. He caught 21 passes for 395 yards and seven touchdowns as a junior.

Ole Miss, Alabama and Miami were his other three finalists and the 247Sports Crystal Ball was heavily tilted towards the Tigers with all nine picks.

Mouton is the No. 19 tight end in the country in the 247Sports Composite and is the second tight end in the class along with Hanner Shipley.

TigerTap and geauxtigs like this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

In his 30-plus years on the Acadiana High football staff, Ted Davidson never remembered a freshman starting — until Bry’Keithon Mouton came along three years ago.

“That kind of says who he is,” said Davidson, who enters his 10th year as head coach.

Mouton, a 6-foot-2, 240-pound tight end, committed to LSU’s 2015 class on Friday, giving his verbal, non-binding pledge to defensive coordinator John Chavis at 5 p.m. It ended a lengthy recruiting process that included offers from Alabama, Ole Miss and Miami.

Mouton is rated three stars and is the No. 19 best tight end in the nation, according to 24/7 Sports’ composite rankings. He becomes LSU’s 15th commit of the 2015 class, a group ranked 11th nationally according to 24/7 Sports.

LSU recruited Mouton as a hybrid player. He could play slot receiver, tight end and fullback, he said.

“I always bring intensity during the whole game and I can make big plays in big moments to put the team in great position,” Mouton said.

He primarily served as a blocking tight end for Davidson’ run-oriented offense at Acadiana.

“Extremely good blocker. Great smooth hands,” Davidson said. “I think LSU wants to use him as an H-back/tight end. He fits into that mold pretty good.”

Mouton is a forward on the Acadiana basketball team, something that helps his hands, Davidson said.

Mouton participated in LSU’s high school camps last week. He was offered a scholarship in the spring, he said.

Mouton is the second tight end commit to the 2015 class.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I'm pretty sure that Ally Broussard started for Acadiana as a freshman...

LSUDad likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm pretty sure that from his name I can guess his race. Not stereotyping or anything, just a swag.

5. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

Sounds like he is going to be a FB to me, given his height/weight/and pass catching abilities. Would fit in well with what Cam does/is trying to do with our FB's

LSUDad likes this.
  6. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I coached this kid for 5 years when he was young, i used to pick him up from his home and bring him back and forth to practice, he's a good kid, parents keep him straight as for as grades are concerned. I coached youth league for 12 years he was the best talent I had ever see come through that leauge. At 11 years old he was 5' 11" 217 lbs and the fastest kid in the league. Trust me when I tell you he is a good one, he is a stand out at tight end for a school that does not utilize the tight end much, they run the veer option, he will improve by leaps and bounds when he gets to LSU

cajdav1, 1BIGTIGER and LSUDad like this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Good thing for him. I don't know why any highly regarded tight end would go to LSU. We get one every year and they're all wasted in this offense.

shane0911 and islstl like this.
  8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I made this exact comment when projecting how LSU would finish with their recruiting staff a couple of years back, stating that whatever highly touted TE was giving LSU a look would most certainly not choose LSU.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Isn't Mouton the name of the LSU baseball rally monkey?

shane0911 likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I do believe you are correct sir. Nicely played.

GregLSU likes this.