2015 football schedule

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, Oct 15, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That Syracuse game won't be as easy as many think it will be

2. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I look forward to meeting some of y'all who come up to New York for the game. I have watched parts of most Syracuse home games this year and there are a bunch of open seats. They have listed and actual attendance as do all schools, none have been a sell-out and FSU was the highest at 43,292 and it holds 49,262. We should be able to take that place over. Also, there is a lot to see in the area, especially around the Finger Lake Region. We went to Taughannock Falls and Buttermilk Falls this weekend and it was awesome. It is about an hour and fifteen minutes from Syracuse.

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/inde...ite_national_trend_of_declining_attendan.html
    http://suathletics.com/documents/2014/10/11/2014FSUPostgameNotes.pdf

Attached Files:

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They probably get basketball crowds bigger than that.

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

FIFY

shane0911 likes this.
  5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The calendar goes back to 13 playing weeks in 2015. It's been 14 the last two years.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSU opens the 2015 season on September 5th. Why can't they open on August 29th and have 14 playing dates with 2 byes?

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

NCAA bylaws.

It's a bit of a screwed up "formula;" for lack of a better description. In layman's terms, the first game has to be one weekend before the Labor Day weekend (no earlier than Thursday night.)

You can find more info in the .pdf of the NCAA manual. The article/section is "Playing and Practice Seasons." I read over it before this season when I saw we had two bye-weeks again.

FWIW, IF they were to allow the first game to be at the end of August it would put the start of fall camp in July. I'd think part of the reasoning is that comes into conflict with two different school sessions (summer II at some, LSU's Intercession and Summer) and that would have an influence on financial aid packages as well.