2015 LSU Spring Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Feb 17, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Just know he was listed as out for the game, along with T. Valentine, Corey Thompson, and Quentin Thomas.

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I know last seasons overall offensive performance was, well......terrible. That said, our offense seemed to gain some sense of identity in the last two games of the season last year. In the A&M and Notre Dame games we averaged 463.5 yds per game of offense (334.5 rushing, 129 passing). This also coincides with when Cameron starting using Dural in the slot, bringing him in motion and handing off to him 7-8 times a game. Anthony Jennings ran the ball fairly well in those games as I recall. Our offense might be taking a different shape than what we've been used to under Miles, which have been very pro-style oriented, sometimes to a fault. Frankly I don't care what we run as long as it is effective at moving the ball, scoring touchdowns and allowing our defense ample time to rest. I know we've beaten the QB thing to death but I can't help but believe if Harris can win the job his arm strength will present a much greater threat to opposing defenses which could open things up even more for Fournette and company to do their thing. Miles is going to run the football, plain and simple. It just isn't in his coaching DNA to sling it around 50 times a game even though it makes for good television. With Fournette, Williams and the two freshman coming in....who can blame him? The more I think about it our offense may be a lot better this year than we expect.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't think most fans here expect or want a pass happy offense. What Tiger fans want is to at least have some ability and be a threat to throw the ball. To be able to show some balance and throw the ball when teams stack the box. Most Tiger fans grew up watching and love smash mouth power football. Their just tired of one dimensional very predictable offense. I'm for anything that makes the Tiger offense less presictable, more balanced and takes advantage of what the defense dares you to do.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    ParadiseiNC, Tiger in NC and LSUDad like this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You can't run a pro style offense effectively when you have "dual threat" (God I hate that term) quarterbacks. I hate that term because dual threat 90 percent of the time means the guy can run but isn't very good throwing it.

I like the pro style offense. I don't like quarterbacks we keep putting behind center. Now we are going to move to that ridiculous zone read offense that I absolutely detest watching because no one in the green jerseys can throw accurately. Sucks if you ask me.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Mett was perfect. While a golden statue, he was able to make the throws needed.

After a brilliant season with a QB that can pass, we went and recruited JJ's twin with a bit better arm.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You're right, he was perfect for that offense. You take away Mettenberger, and Ryan Perriloux and Les' qb recruiting record leaves little to be desired.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I don't know, one of those dual threat QB's won us a National Championship.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Are you talking about Mauck or Flynn? Neither one was what I would call a dual threat even though both could run if they had to.