2015 O-Line. Repeat of 2014?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by dudley, Jan 5, 2014.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I had a Internet relationship with Kevin Mawae in the early '90's on an AOL LSU board. I was impressed with how down to earth he is, and following his career I like how the man carries himself. If he can communicate well with today's players the I think that something that needs to happen sooner rather than later. He is most certainly a Tiger through and through. He's a cool dude, and I miss the discussions with him.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I can't imagine a guy like Kevin wanting to become a college oline coach, being on the road so much.

3. dudley

dudley oops!

Well that's a damn relief!!! What was it he was saying about G. Willis, Speedy Noil, "Hootie", Tony Brown, etc., etc. last year about this time?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well these kids put on a good show and talk a great game. And lead coaches into believing they are coming. It's the life of recruiting.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I agree that Stud should be replaced but thats not going to happen.

The reason we are losing kids like Robinson to Bama isnt due to the OL coaching. Its due to the fact they want to win. Miles has now lost 3 straight to Saban. Not to mention the BCS titles.

As for Speedy, that was because aTm is a team on the rise and have a prolific O.

6. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Great players do not always make great coaches. But Studrawa is not getting it done. There are proven offensive line coaches out there for the asking at the salary LSU pays, but Miles must do the asking. I would not cry if Ensminger got replaced as tight ends coach either. Past his prime.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I'm sure if a change was made at OL coach, Cam would have some input.

8. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

That is not why we lost Robinson. Miles could have won the last three v. Saban and we still would've lost Robinson. I won't speak for all kids, but with Robinson, it is most certainly an issue of coaching. Believe it or not, championships are secondary to kids who KNOW they are being groomed to go pro. Robinson is intent on going to college for three years and going in the top 10 of 2017 draft. If he's a part of some championships along the way, that's great. What's more certain than championships for him is being a great player on what we all know will be some pretty good football teams. He feels his chances of continuing to be viewed as the best LT in the nation for his class will be via Tuscaloser. I can't say I blame him...but geez dude, have some home state pride.

Put something in perspective, Stud is the O-Line coach and he's responsible for NE La...we completely struck out on some really good football players up there. It's time for Stud to go and I hope Miles has the stones to pull the trigger.

9. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

In case you missed it, these four pretty much had EVERYBODY fooled.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

There inlies the problem. Miles is such a sweetheart he can't find the gumption to fire him. Miles would have to wait til Stud found another job before he let him go. Admirable, but in the high stakes of winning college football championships, they don't go hand in hand. Saban is ruthless, thus his 3 national championships. Don't be surprised if his DB coach is fired after what transpired this season.

ParadiseiNC and shane0911 like this.