2015 O-Line. Repeat of 2014?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by dudley, Jan 5, 2014.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Either way but the buck stops on Miles. I fully agree the OL has underachieved. The OL was very inconsistent and underperformed all year. I doubt Miles does anything.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

So you are saying that Fournette, Harris, Quinn, Battle, Garrett and every other commit we have don't want to win?

I swear you will twist things anyway you can to trash Miles and LSU along with all of our players and coaches.

TigerTap likes this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Was that like a Mante Teo relationship, LOL?

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Yeah I wasn't going to say anything but he definitely worded that weirdly.

5. ThePhenom74

Miles is a great man and recruiter. I just dont think he has done a good job coaching since the BCSCG. The team has underperformed since then. Not to mention in most of the games this year there was some sort of end of halve or game debacle. Thats unacceptable. Id love for Miles to prove me wrong. With Saban at Bama, Malzahn turning things around in a hurry at Auburn, and Sumlin at aTm I dont see LSU moving forward as an elite team under Miles. Sorry, I dont just look at wins. Im looking at the whole picture and how we play and lose.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

our
    That's fine, but your post go much darker and deeper than that while also degrading players.

7. ThePhenom74

Im not at all degrading players. That is what your trying to make of it because of your blind love to Miles. When I say players like Robinson pick Bama over LSU because they want to win its not a degrade to the ones we have. The players we have clearly love LSU and Im glad we have them. I want kids who want to be here. However winning does matter. Lets be honest where does Miles rank when you list Saban, Malzahn, and Sumlin?

8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

He must rank pretty highly. He's beaten Satan three times, which I don't know of any other coach besides maybe Spurrier who might have at least three wins against him. He's also 2 - 0 against Sumlin and 1 - 0 against Malzahn. Just sayin.........

cajdav1 likes this.
  9. ThePhenom74

I agree Miles has had some success against Saban. However he has lost his last three. While he is 2-0 against Sumlin lets be honest here. Sumlin is still coaching with Big 12 kids in the SEC. He is just starting to recruit SEC caliber kids. As for Malzahn, last year the team was winless. In one year he had them in the BCSCG.

I really like Miles the man. I think he is as good as man as there is coaching a major college team. I just feel that he has lost his magic since the BCSCG.

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Reasonable points really. Tough to argue against. We haven't been as good since the BCSNC game, as you say. Is that talent, chemistry, coaching, all of the above? Who knows? We are, however, entering CCCs 2nd season. Besides his affect on the offensive success, I think he probably has positively affected CLM, too, since they are close friends. Also, if CCC is truly being groomed to be the successor, as some have hypothesized, then he will have even more of a stake in short term and long term outcomes, thus will be more impactful.

Guess what I am saying, is that while you make good points, it is not a vacuum, and hopefully things will turn for the better if CLM has been less magical than he was thru 2011. Not sure that is correct, but if so, he can certainly get back to where he was.