2015 WR Daylon Charlot

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDad, Dec 7, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Patterson wide receiver Daylon Charlottook his official visit to LSU this weekend and left an uncommitted prospect. The 6-0, 180-pound Alabama commitment has been heavily courted by the Tigers since the summer and after his visit this weekend, Charlot decided to open his recruitment up.

"I told Coach (Les) Miles that I was decommitting from Alabama when we sat to talk today," an excited Charlot said. "He was excited, very excited. He said they need me really bad. "I got home late so I plan on calling Coach (Billy) Napier at Alabama in the morning to let him know. I think they may even be coming by on Monday, really."

Charlot has spent a decent amount of time on LSU's campus, but this weekend he saw LSU in a different light.

"Their (LSU) situation is the same as Alabama really, but he just broke it all down to me so I could understand it," he said. "They broke everything down for me from the film, their route tree and how their offense runs. He said the quarterbacks are young, but are going to be really good. I feel a lot better about where they're at now."

The recruiting process has been weighing heavily on Charlot's mind, but now he feels a sense of relief that he hasn't felt in some time.

"I feel a weight off my shoulders," he said. I sat down with my family and it just relieves a lot of stress. I think I'm going to wait until signing day to make my final announcement now."

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Why would any kid want to come to LSU? Don't these kids read the message boards?

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Miles is an excellent recruiter and a really good person. Now if he could just recruit a QB that can throw the ball and then get away from the offense, the sky will be the limit.

ParadiseiNC, shane0911 and LSUDad like this.
  4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Wow, I'm surprised by this. Didn't think he would decommit. I thought if he flipped, he would just flip at the end. Apparently he's gotten over the fact that it took us so long to offer.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Anytime we can keep a Louisiana kid from going to gumpville it's a win

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Some Charlot highlights from this season.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Somebody needs to tweet him about Tigerfan

LSUDad likes this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Charlot is killing it at the Under Armour game. 54 yard punt return for a TD, and turf monster robbed him of a possible 2nd punt return TD after a 37-yard game.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Tyron Johnson just committed to us. I wonder what that means for Charlot.