2016-17 Football Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jul 1, 2016.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Just curious about random thoughts of upcoming football season. The last couple of years I've really lost a lot of the interest I once had but I'm more excited about this one.

I haven't really begun to look and/analyze our schedule. I said this last year, and believed it, but this year I REALLY like our chances of beating Bama. Our defense will be THE SHIT with our talent and new direction. Bama will have a way less-experienced QB. I say we win. So does this mo fo

[​IMG]

I look for BH to be much improved. Just experience, in general, says he will.

Georgia could be scary with new blood but I'm guessing that may take more time.

Bama could begin the season with a loss. USC returns 16 starters. I'm anxious to see who our fans pull far in this one. So many dislike both. Some people adamantly stand with SEC as well as those who do the same in regard to LSU foes.

Me? Go phuckin Trojans!:D

[​IMG]

I just saw where Mark Richt was the head coach at the U. How did I miss that?

TheRealist and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The gumps old D C is the new coach at Ga.

Do the gumps play USCw? If so I am with you. Buck Fama

3. LSUTiga

Yeah I knew Smart went to UGA. That's why I said I thought it would take more than one year. I wasn't aware Richt went to the U though.

Anxious to get Terry's take on things.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It's going to be an interesting fall, but I'm not holding a lot of concern over that position. The results from '14 and '15 with brand new starters at the position have a lot to do with that lack of concern.

This came across the news feed on my site yesterday.
    http://www.dawgsports.com/2016/6/30/12064078/georgia-will-be-the-new-alabama

You guys kick at 3PM on the 3rd, Bama kicks at 8PMā€”both games are carried by ABC. I saw GameDay was going to be at your game a few weeks ago.

That's going to be a good football day by all appearances. OU is hosting Houston for the noon game on ABC. There are a few other games that might be worth keeping an eye on: UCLA and A&M, USA vs Miss State, UGA vs UNC (I wonder how difficult a game this is going to be for the Bulldogs,) and the nightcap of Clemson and Auburn.

Speaking of that last game ... there's not a thing I buy in this article.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/5-reasons-why-auburn-will-end-clemsons-national-championship-hopes

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Groundhog Day, Stevie Wonder driving a Lamborghini.

6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Was that a fan written piece? I hope so. Dude said we.

Regardless, though there seems nothing was shy of a slam dunk to win it all or rather The Block by LeBron in game seven. Good grief, the lack of journalistic
    integrity these days is saddening.

7. LSUTiga

That was me. I just copied and pasted the pic.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I think he was asking about those links to the "reasons we'll win columns."

The Auburn piece was done by one of their beat writers. Those "talking points" have been circulating on their summer circuit (coaching staff) as well as from their beat writers.

I started seeing those points a few days after Gus had all the Auburn beat writers at his house for a "get-together." Dollars to donuts, Phillip Marshall and a few others will have articles with the same points published in the next few weeks.

The UGA post seems to be from a fan post which was moved to front page content. SBNation does that often with people who follow their articles and post in their communities.

The best reason, used lightly of course, was the one from Marcello talking about how the video board and vibrating sound system would be to Auburn's advantage.

Brian likes this.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

After what can only be described as a bitch of a night at work, there's nothing better than seeing comedy to start the morning. Pure gold, Tap. Pure, in its finest form. Thank you!

I have to take a second and give you a H/T for your fortitude. So, so much effort spent and despite continually missing you step up to bat one more time.

How do you do it? Please, tell me about your process.

furduknfish, Brian and shane0911 like this.
  10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

please interpret this into english