2016-17 Football Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yes,but I drink slower now

tirk likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That is some funny shit right there. So let's turn the DL test into a night out on the town. :D You must be from Ville Platte or something.

3. LSUTiga

I'd never noted a difference until vball pointed out a different acronym for the Bama player.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You ain't gotta be from the sticks to hold your booze. The subdivision I grew up in had way more people than the whole town of Ville Platte. Best of both worlds. There were places to hunt and fish within a bicycle ride but with the advantages of having concrete under my feet.

And we had more than one store and one bar

5. LSUTiga

I didn't mean it like that. I meant they have to drink, no matter what it is they're doing. I have a lot of kin from there.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"It was never going to happen. Alabama coach Nick Saban wasn't going to strut to the podium at SEC media days last week and announce his next starting quarterback to the world. He wouldn't even hint at it. It just isn't his style. He'd sooner spike a football in commissioner Greg Sankey's face.

The competition is simply too close to call.....

there are some things we know heading into camp, the most important of which is that there has been nothing to indicate that Bateman isn't still the front-runner. Perhaps that wouldn't be the case if Cornwell or redshirt freshman Blake Barnett had dazzled in spring practice, but neither did.....

Bateman, a redshirt junior, is the only quarterback on the roster who has attempted a pass in a college game...So forget a quarterback update any time soon. There's a chance we won't know who starts until Sept. 3, when Alabama opens against USC."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/...r-another-slowly-developing-alabama-qb-battle

Bring it on.....gumps.
    [​IMG]

Even Traveler is coming....
    [​IMG]

Veeewy scaaawy....
    [​IMG]

Hell, this is more badass than a gump in a gray suit.....

[​IMG]

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I wish somebody would spike an over inflated football in Roger Goodell's face

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

You do realize we don't really have to gameplan against your mascot?
    We're breaking in a few stallions of our own.

Bo on left, DT on right:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How's that brand new D-line coming along?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Fight on mf's

TUSKtimes likes this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Breaking in would be the appropriate verbiage. 5 of 7 new starters on the DL and LB spots? Smart and Tucker gone too. You got some things to figure out, even with the midget of ceremonies calling the shots.

That question could have been put to either team. USC has it's challenges there as well. We lost 3 starters on the line. We have a new DC in Pendergast (runs a 5-2) but he's a huge improvement and we have a new/inexperienced Line coach in Kenechi Udezi. The good news is 9 returners and at least 1 incoming Freshman, Connor Murphy (I know y'all wanted Ginger, too), who will likely get early playing time. As for the LB'ers.....Clancy puts a priority on the edge rusher. He likes to attack with the two outside guys (Devon Kennard and Morgan Breslin) and he’s loading up on bodies right now to see who fits.

Overall I like our chances as underdogs on the road. Turned out just fine vs. Oklahoma in 1992, vs. Auburn in 2003, vs. Ohio State in 2009, and vs. Oregon in 2011. Meet some of my leetel friends....

Rasheem is a big guy but he does have a TD on the stat board, lol.

Kenny Bigelow
    [​IMG]

Oluwole Betiku
    [​IMG]

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Anisha will be there too...
    [​IMG]
    And Laura
    [​IMG]

Sorry folks, they are the best of the group this year.....I don't know what happened but it's not good.

GiantDuckFan likes this.