2016-17 Football Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jul 1, 2016.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

You yourself already admitted that the "trash" from his locker was put in a trash can. That's your definition. Perhaps what you call trash, he calls his stuff that isn't his clothes and shoes. And you seem to have missed my point that it was really about the message it sent. But you can remind us all that Nick only wanted what was best for the player.

As I said, he claims he was....for one week. Do you have any proof that he wasn't?

Exactly where in my post did I mention this? Oh, that's right I didn't.

Head scratcher. Why do you want that on you? And if you meant to say "don't" well, I was replying to lsutiga, not you, so I didn't put anything on you. Guilt complex much?

Yes....let's go there. You may be the only person I know who doesn't consider it a transfer. If a player leaves one school and ends up at another, it's a transfer regardless of who initiated the departure. Isn't that why the SEC just "changed its bylaws to no longer accept transfers who have been disciplined for “serious misconduct” issues, defined as sexual assault, domestic violence or other forms of sexual violence?" "Georgia originally made the proposal, and the change also includes JUCO transfers as well as lower-level NCAA transfers. It does not, however, include high school recruits.

Had the bylaws already been changed, it would have prevented Alabama from accepting former defensive tackle Jonathan Taylor, who was dismissed at UGA for a domestic violence incident."
    http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-transfers-serious-misconduct/

Go ahead and do a search on the topic....every single article and report considers a dismissed player as a transfer.
    http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...e-prevents-transfers-with-serious-misconduct/
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/7563...nds-serious-misconduct-rule-transfer-students
    http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/sec-expands-serious-misconduct-rule-only-transfers/nrZNh/
    http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/05/29/sec-transfer-rule-serious-misconduct-domestic-violence

That enough for you?

Yes I see the difference, lol (did you mean to use dichotomy because it's the wrong meaning, really). What I've discussed here has been supported by facts. "Trash" was put in to a trashcan by the player's locker....both sides agree. What you call trash, the player sees as otherwise. But my comment was about the message it sent and I don't need the media for that. The player says he was prevented from facility use for a week. I'm wondering how his locker got cleaned out if he still had full access. You claimed that in violation, Kirby talked to him and yet the Georgia Compliance coordinator Riley Edwards’ letter stated Alabama granted permission “to any institution” to speak with Smith about a possible transfer." That letter either exists or it doesn't.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No offense but once I see your long winded agenda defense posts, I might make it halfway. Youre a bit throwed off in the head like taint at times getting lost in the details missing the big picture.

I dont care what kids do for the most part. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Saban folded but was a prick in the process. shocker because it was something he didnt want to do. typical midget tyrant. he finally did what was 'right' for the kid even though he was kicking and screaming the entire way.

He should just do what is right but its very often a struggle.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

You just wrote the epitaph for all human behavior. Go on and admit, deep down, you know, you're really one of us? :)

4. tirk

oh please, saban struggles with it much more than even an average satanist.

throwed you idiot.

5. tirk

thats a good one too. ima have to remember that one. im sure you hear it a bunch so it makes sense.

6. TUSKtimes

Well, not quite scientific in its scope, but if you say so. Saw where Les released a 5.* But Les blocked him from going to another SEC team. Given that he has to sit out a year anyway, why not just let him go to Ole Miss or maybe Arkansas? I understand that Les did it because the bylaw said he could, but that doesn't make it right. The bylaw would have allowed Les to give him his full release to any school in the SEC. Heck, under those circumstances, Nick probably would have set up an appointment with the kid.

7. tirk

look, im no les miles apologist but lets not try to compare these 2 as humans. even indirectly.

8. TUSKtimes

I wasn't. I was comparing each coach's interpretation of SEC bylaws. And I have concluded........................................................

[​IMG]

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I figured you'd say that, and get where you're coming from but technically, he was.

10. TUSKtimes