2016 DT Glen Logan Commits to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDad, Jun 3, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

BREAKING: LSU grabs a DT commitment

LSU received some huge news on Wednesday when Destrehan rising senior Glen Logan committed to the Tigers. Logan confirmed the news through a text message to the Geaux247 staff.

The four-star out of the New Orleans area is ranked as a Top247 prospect, and he chose LSU over offers from double-digit schools including Texas A&M and Alabama.

This is LSU's 11th commitment for the 2016 class and the second defensive tackle to join the fold, joining five-star Louisiana standout Ed Alexander.

geauxtigs and IATigerFan like this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

More:

[​IMG]
    Oct 31, 2014 | 11:34 pm
    Glen Logan One of the Best for 2016
    Jason HigdonRegional Recruiting Analyst
    Glen Logan is one of the top ranked defensive tackles in the country for the class of 2016. The 6-foot-5, 295-pound standout is the No 13 ranked tackle. Logan checks in from Destrehan (LA)

Glen Logan is a standout defensive tackle that has his choice of programs. The four-star has college coaches from across the country lining up to fight for his services.

"I am 6-foot-5, 295-pounds," Logan said. "I have seven sacks; eight batted passes, one interception, one touchdown and 40 plus tackles. I have stayed lower; I have trained my eyes to read the offensive linemen, and I am quicker off the ball. One thing I need to work on is my footwork."

Logan has not attended any college football games this season but does have a big Southeastern Conference showdown he will attend. He has a few other games he would like to attend.

"I haven't visited for any games, but I will be going to the LSU vs. Alabama game," Logan said. "I plan on going to the Miami vs. Florida State game and I would like to visit Ohio State and Clemson.

Logan has offers from Miami, Tennessee, Florida, LSU, Tulane, LSU, Texas A&M, Arizona State, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Oklahoma and Nebraska to name a few. He also has heavy interest from Louisville, Notre Dame, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Florida State and Ohio State.

One team Logan would like to hear from is the Oregon Ducks. Do not be surprised to see Texas enter into the mix with Logan before it’s all said and done.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

More:
    LSU’s run on quality 2016 recruits continued Wednesday when the school received a commitment from four-star defensive tackle Glen Logan.

Logan held offers from eight SEC schools in addition to programs like Ohio State, Oregon, Clemson, Oklahoma and Texas, so his commitment is a gold star for defensive line coach Ed Orgeron and coordinator Kevin Steele.

Based on his highlight video, the 6-foot-4, 270-pound senior-to-be is a slippery presence on the interior, often getting into the backfield unblocked to sack a quarterback or bring down a ball-carrier in Destrehan, La. According to Scout.com, LSU views him as a versatile player who could slide to end if the team mixes in some 3-4 alignments.

Logan represents LSU’s 11th verbal commitment. The Tigers’ 2016 class ranks fifth nationally according to 247Sports, just behind Georgia for the top spot in the SEC. That’s thanks to an incredible standard of quality even by SEC standards.

LSU holds pledges from two five-star players, including fellow in-state defensive tackle Edwin Alexander, and eight four-star players. (By comparison, 12 of last year’s 25 commitments rated as two- or three-star players as opposed to just one of 11 so far this year.)

The Tigers are pushing hard for five-star defensive tackle Rashard Lawrence (Monroe, La.). With Logan’s commitment and the possibility of landing Lawrence, the program could lock up all three of Louisiana’s top defensive tackles in 2016. Alabama, Oklahoma and Ole Miss are among the teams vying to woo Lawrence.

geauxtigs likes this.
  4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Great pickup! It all starts up front and it looks like O is going to have plenty to work with.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    LSUDad likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

How does a 6-5, 295 pound junior become a 6-4, 270 pound senior? I have gotten to where I believe nothing about height an weights that a coach releases, especially high school coaches.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This is one reason coaches want kids to attend LSU camps, true height and weight, but then again, you can play football or you can't.

I was at a high school here in Tx a few weeks ago, a number of college coaches were there to look at some players. A coach asked me to look at three DB's on a team, I told him I like all three, he said they did too. They offered all three kids. Three DB's from the same high school? Two from the 2016 class and one from the 2017 class.

There is some talk of dropping a D grade here in Tx, yep A,B,C and F will only be used. The other thing, many kids are taking both ACT and SAT.