2016 LSU Commit QB Felipe Franks Decommits

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 17, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Did a search, found no thread. Lots of chatter about Franks being flipped by Florida or Florida State. Is this going to happen? I've gotta think the negative recruiting material is overflowing right now, with the offense and how LSU can't seem to throw the ball with any consistency, one of the worst throwing offenses year after year in the NCAA the material is virtually endless. If he were to flip to FSU, it would sting, but if he went to Florida and had to face us every year it would be there to bite us in the ass every year until he leaves. Add to that we would have to play Shea Patterson every year too. Someone please tell me this isn't going to happen.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Still very much in the air. Not flipped at this time and will need to see how the coaching staffs shake out.

3. LaSalleAve

Damn that doesn't sound good at all.

4. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I wouldn't want to play for a team with fans that constantly slam the team, the coaches and just about anything they can think of either. The players were tweeting about it this week. Recruits read this crap too.

didit and red55 like this.
  5. LaSalleAve

You wouldn't want to play for any team worth a damn then.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Exactly, must not follow football much if a person thinks this is something that has only happened here or that it doesn't happen every day.

7. Tiger Exile

That my friend is a load of crap. The tweet from our own players was "Worst fans ever". I don't remember seeing that from UF or FSU when I lived in Florida and they were both losing 2 or 3 or 5 games a year.

8. Tiger Exile

I would hazard to guess that I watch as much or more football than you do. I know negative shit happens everywhere, but the OP was about all of the negative recruiting swirling around a 7-2 team and most of it starts at home. It is tiresome and counter productive, but if it makes you feel better, have at it.

9. LaSalleAve

One player said that and he said because fans left early. Did you watch the Ole Miss Bama game? Or any college football this year for that matter? You don't remember Florida fans roasting Will Muschamp all last year? I sure as hell do? You don't remember FSU fans trying to get rid of Bobby Bowden? I sure as hell do.

How about Auburn fans roasting Chizik at the airport before day 1. Tennessee fans burning mattresses? It happens everywhere.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  10. Tiger Exile

Yes and yes. The Ole Miss Bama game went down to the wire. Were their fans calling for Saban to be fired? Did the fans leave early? What is your point? The misery index on this site is off the charts.