2016 LSU Tiger Baseball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Feb 4, 2016.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

SEC Tournament Bracket:

[​IMG]

2. married2atiger

married2atiger Founding Member

Hmmm, A month later and still having the same problem... May cost us more than just this game.

3. CajunlostinCali

Alex Bregman. Who knew this kid would show potential?

In 37 games for the Corpus Christi Hooks this season, Bregman has 12 home runs and 35 RBI, and he’s sporting an impressive .326 batting average.

“He’s been terrific,” Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow told the Houston Chronicle earlier this month. “He’s exceeded my expectations, which were high, for him this season, and I think he’s put himself into consideration to quite frankly maybe help our club this year.”

Bregman left college as a shortstop, but he’s begun playing third base, which could help him rise through the ranks more quickly in his bid to land in the majors. With 21-year old Carlos Correa settled in at shortstop for the Astros and 26-year old Jose Altuve at second base, it appears Bregman’s best shot at getting called up this year could be at third base, though Luhnow also told Chron.com that Bregman can excel in the outfield.

Stats: 37 games, 141 At-Bats, 12 Home Runs, 33 runs, 35 RBI, 46 hits, .326 Batting Average .424 On-Base Percentage, 1.007 OPS

4. CajunlostinCali

Alex Bregman’s climb to the big leagues will draw one step closer, according to the Houston Chronicle, as the Astros will promote the former LSU star to its Class AAA farm team this week.

Bregman will play in the Texas League All-Star Game on Tuesday, then he will make the jump from Corpus Christi to Fresno.

After adding about 20 pounds of muscle through offseason workouts, the 22-year-old Bregman has vastly increased his power numbers in his first full professional season. His 14 home runs are 10 more than he hit in 272 Class A at-bats last year and five more than his best power season in the SEC. He will participate in the Texas League's home run derby Tuesday before the All-Star Game.

Corpus Christi has used Bregman at shortstop and third base, and that time at third base could come in handy when he makes it to Houston. The Astros have one of the top young shortstops in the game in Carlos Correra but are not as strong or young at third with Luis Valbuena hitting just .254 in his ninth season in the majors.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

The latz experiment is officially officially over.

6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Unless he never touched a weight in his life, there is only one way to put on 20 lbs of muscle in a few months.

[​IMG]

7. tirk

apparently ben simmons did too. kids can add that weight overnight. call it water weight or whatever.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I just put on 20lbs in 2 months using protein powder, bcaas, vitamins and glutamine. I'm sure it's not all muscle. Mostly though. It sounds doable legally 2 me. Intensity dictates results in the gym. Plus diet.

9. tirk

mostly water if youre not in your twenties. i think you can a legit lb or two a month of actual muscle on average at best.

10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Forgot Creatine too, so the water thing seems pretty plausible actually now that I think about it.