2016 QB Cole Kelley

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by dudley, Feb 7, 2015.

1. dudley

dudley oops!

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Nope

He is already more talented than Jennings. He doesn't fit the mold of what we are looking for. ;)

3. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Entitled to your opinion, I don't necessarily see it. You are comparing HS highlights compiled vs unknown competition. That is like comparing apples and oranges when comparing to college QBs against much better competition. Also from an objective source, Jennings was rated 4* out of HS...Kelley right now is rated a 3*, while Franks for example is a high 4* and Patterson for example a 5*.

4. shane0911

You are looking at this far too critically.

He is able accurately hit his receivers, he is able to look off defenders and find the open receiver. That puts him ahead of Jennings regardless of the level of competition.

geauxtigs likes this.
  5. EyeoftheTiger 2015

High school.....guy, I will repeat it slow....h-i-g-h s-c-h-o-o-l against probably not the best competition either. To compare a guy playing against unknown competition in HS vs a college QB with clearly other passing game issues not related to QB and playing against the toughest defenses in the country...:rolleyes:

Once again....Jennings rated 4* out of HS...Kelley 3* so far going into his SR year. Until proven otherwise, I trust the services in this situation more than highlights in HS vs unknown competition. Thanks but no thanks.

6. shane0911

Look Fred, either you can throw the ball accurately or you cant. What I see in the 1st two minutes of that video is stuff that Jennings couldn't do even if you switched them places.

I don't hate Jennings, I don't know him, never met him and have said MANY times I'm sure he is a great kid. He just sucks as a QB. Not sure why you can't understand that.

7. EyeoftheTiger 2015

Uh Ethel, as in Fred and Ethel from I Love Lucy, what you see for the umpteenth time are highlights. To laughably claim accuracy when if he does NOT have accuracy, those plays don't make highlights do they. BTW, the difference between me touting Zach Lee as the next Tommy Hodson or better was I personally saw 2 games from start to finish of Zach Lee play....those were not highlights. They were uncut views of the guy in action for 48 minutes each games...or at least how long they had the ball in each game. To reference cherry-picked highlights is ludicrous...it really is. You can judge arm strength...you can judge mobility...you can NOT judge accuracy...you can NOT judge poise. As far as Jennings at LSU, once again for the umpteenth time, the passing game is QB + OL + WR +TE + OC calling plays. You pretend like you agree with that and then dump on Jennings the next second. Of the 5 components I just listed, every single one of them were below average in the SEC...every single one of them. (OL I'm talking passing blocking obviously, not run blocking)

8. shane0911

Uh huh.

"Man, we have to face Anthony Jennings next week. How are we going to stop that guy" said no DC ever

9. EyeoftheTiger 2015

I heard fictional quotes also from the opposing defenders:
    1) OK, I'm in the pool for how many times Dural slips down running simple routes and hangs his QB out to dry
    2) I'll lay $5 that LSU doesn't even attempt a pass to the TE
    3) Know the current over/under on the number of passes Quinn drops?
    4) I've heard Cameron has decided to actually try passing on 1st or 2nd down? Urban legend?
    5) Who do you think LSU tries at C or RG this week? I mean they have tried every matador I can think of at those 2 spots
    6) Let's blitz a lot today and see if LSU WRers have ever figured out that if our blitzer runs right by him, he is the hot receiver

10. shane0911

You are related to Jennings aren't you