2016 QB Lindsey Scott

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by geauxtigs, Jan 19, 2016.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

ROY_LA_CA likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's sad when we have to beat out Syracuse and Tulane to get a quarterback.
    Scott is a great athlete but he is a 5'9" dual threat. I suppose he can hand the ball off with the best of them.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I wonder if we keep going after single threat qb's because no really good prostyle guy wants to come here.

4. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Know his Dad well. I don't really know why he would do it unless it was on a "prove them wrong" kick but I struggle to believe Less would ever give this kid a fair shot.

But, regardless of size, sometimes a guy can just flat out play football, a la The Honey Badger.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is his dad the same Lindsey Scott who was a WR at Georgia when Herschel Walker was there and then played for the Saints?

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Originally Miles thought that was the way to go. Now he'll take any QB willing to sign with LSU, which appears to be not many.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

And that's what this guy is, a winner. He's not going to be a combine freak, but that's not what LSU needs. What LSU needs is a guy that knows how to play QB. The staff should have at least had this guy in campus multiple times before now. I wouldn't be surprised if he committed to LSU quickly, I also wouldn't be surprised if he told Miles to stick it up his ass.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I am shocked they finally came to their senses and offered. Wasn't expecting it based on Cam's Franks philosphy of recruting. Was worried he wasn't going to get moving and float around Haskins like he did with Franks. Cam also has been stubborn on what body type his targets had. I want to find out his Miles finally told Cam to go ahead and get Scott and not put so much emphasis on the QB height, etc...

HalloweenRun and geauxtigs like this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he has to be a gamer at that size. we need a competitive sob back behind center for once. instead of an uncertain meerkat. bring him on.

and so it is written.

but yeah, I have a really hard time believing he will ever get a fair shake. not happening, right.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Every time I watched him play he was easily the best player on the field. Was kind of like Michael Ford, you could just tell he is better than everyone else on the field.

That being said, how does LSU beat the 2 or 3 teams a season that force LSU to throw the ball with Scott at QB? LSU doesn't need a passing game to win 8, 9, sometimes 10 games a season. But in order to compete for a championship and win one we have to have a passing game.

mctiger and HalloweenRun like this.