2016 QB Shea Patterson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDad, Jul 28, 2014.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i think his coordinators were always crap. i think the ad was stingy.

EyeoftheTiger 2015 and LSUDad like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Could be, who was the OC then? Morris Watts?

LSUDad likes this.
  3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

He was 19 & 25 as the HC @ Vandy, 32-24-1 as the HC @ LSU, & 8 & 27 as the HC @ Indiana.
    Pretty much tells me all I need to know.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. shane0911

It was the recruits fault. They didn't perform. Anywhere

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He had Charlie Mac disease. He was too loyal to assistant coaches who were not getting the job done.

Brian and LSUDad like this.
  6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Eye, you're an interesting fellow. Your initial posts I really enjoyed -- because you mostly just talked about information you'd read or heard and provided that here as so many other members do allowing forums like this to be cauldrons of creative thought that lead to fuller and rounder perspective.

However, lately -- and it's gotten really obnoxious at this point (I'd thought about saying something to you a while back in fact) -- you are pretty much antagonizing people, name-calling, and just being downright belligerent when anything you don't agree with is said. I don't get it. You seem to have an "I'm right and I'm going to prove it to everyone" complex and that's pretty much made threads that are insightful derailed into people trolling you (quite frankly, it's justifiable at this point that's why so many people are doing it, many are posters I really enjoy/respect) and it's become a problem. I don't look forward to your posts as I initially did because you're claiming you know everything. No one does. I'd consider myself a decent football fan with moderate knowledge, but I don't need to prove that. I don't need to tell someone I disagree with how they're wrong and how I'm right. I may offer a counterpoint and do so in a civil and diplomatic way though. Why? Because that's how you'll actually get your point across. People are tuning you out. You might say you don't care, but the fact you're here and posting such lengthy posts would suggest otherwise.

My advice is just give your opinion. Don't tell someone they're wrong. That's going to immediately destroy anything you have to say because you have them defensive instead of open-minded. Try going to a rival's forum and being respected there. It's not easy and you'll take a lot of crap.. however, people will start to listen and actually value and ultimately like and *invite* your thoughts on a matter because they realize you're not out to prove you're right you just see things differently.

It comes down to respect. If you offer respect to others they're often likely to return it eventually.

If you don't give respect, well, you're almost never going to get it.

Again, I'm saying I enjoyed your thoughts when that's all you posted.

The other stuff really just makes you in the end look bad. What war are you fighting? Settle back and have fun. Everyone will come around even if they give you grief from time to time.

cajdav1, red55, ROY_LA_CA and 3 others like this.
  7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Who is Lou Tepper for $1,000, Alex?

8. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

OC - Morris Watts 95-98 Bob McDonnell 99
    DC - Carl Reese 95-97 Lou Tepper 98-99

9. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

So ,let me get this straight. When Red has called me "asshole", that is not namecalling, right? When LSUpride (now ignored) or whatever its userid is called me "homo", that is not lying or namecalling or hate speech IYO, right? When shane has thrown "dimit", "idiot", etc, etc, etc my direction, that is not namecalling, right? When Shane refuses to even consider that Jennings may not even be remotely the entire problem in the passing game, he is being "open-minded" right? :rolleyes: I assume you know the meaning of the word hypocrisy is. Unless you have called out the posters I just specifically illustrated for THEIR namecalling and being closed minded also, you now know the definition of the term. Don't bother looking it up.

10. shane0911

Good point @Brian

Oh and I never said Jennings was the ONLY problem, I said he sucks.