2016 QB Shea Patterson

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDad, Jul 28, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This guy waited a few years before going back to football. He did ok.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Staubach

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'm sure most of you have already read this but I found it helpful in understanding the situation.
    http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/02/theories_abound_why_top_high_s.html

And I asked about Patterson being afraid to compete because there is nothing on the record. He may well have wanted to be the only one but there is nothing on the record and an oft repeated rumor can easily become fact.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Nice report, but so much fail. Ron was trying, but like I said a fail.

Kind of like how did LSU get to DBU, WRU, soon to be OLU, a change in coaches? I said since 2001 LSU has only had 5 OL drafted into the NFL, we could see this change real soon. But wait, we've done such a bad job at QB, but we had drafted 14 WR's into the NFL during that same time frame. 15 DB's during that same time frame. As for fail on the offense? Last year we had 7 players drafted into the NFL from the O side, the last time we did this, how about NEVER. LSU ONFL soon?

Oh, La'el is getting a ton of combine talk on the NFL net..FYI.

And for the record, I'm never on the record.

I addressed a few things in this write-up in my #183 post in this thread.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    Brian, didit and EyeoftheTiger 2015 like this.
  4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Disagree regarding JDB. He left high school after just 3 years (the first ever I think) and then spent the next 3 years as a backup to Leinart. After back surgery he won the starting job and ended up 9-0 against top 25 teams. In the 2007 Rose Bowl against Michigan, he threw for 391 and 4 TD's. He led USC to a 49–17 Rose Bowl win over Illinois and set a Rose Bowl record with seven career touchdowns (in the 2007 and 2008 games) and was chosen as the Offensive MVP.

"His 518 career completions is fifth on the USC all-time chart. His 6,125 career passing yards is fifth on USC's all-time list. His 5,945 yards of total offense is sixth on USC's all-time ladder. His 55 career touchdown passes is fourth most at USC. In his career, he threw at least 1 TD pass in 22 of his 23 starts, at least 2 TD passes in a game 16 times, at least 3 TDs in a game 11 times, at least 4 TDs in a game 3 times and had 200-plus passing yards in 18 games (4 times with 300-plus yards). He was 20-3 as a starter. As a starter against AP ranked opponents, he was 9-0 while going 185-of-292 (63.4%) for 2,267 yards (251.9 average) with 23 TDs and just 4 interceptions."

I love JDB and I consider him the most under-appreciated of USC QB's because he was sandwiched between Leinart and Sanchez.

kluke, Brian and LSUDad like this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I too like JDB, wished he wouldn't have left early. Would have loved to see him QB against De La Salle.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I brought the info that Shea and his brother were not happy when we offered and committed to LSU. That is when LSU and older brother were more than ok with him finding a position elsewhere.

Brian and LSUDad like this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes sir. It's all good. :)

LSUDad likes this.
  8. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Wow, you actually linked to Ron Higgins. I and others DESTROYED him the other day on his article about how LSU supposedly can't sign highly rated QBs. SEVERAL of us pointed out his stupid column had 0 facts to it. In fact, he amazingly wanted to also ignore the fact that although Patterson IS a 5* on 24/7 composite, not only is Patterson a 4* on 24/7's own rating but that Feleipe Franks is rated HIGHER than Patterson on 24/7's own system. Then like I said, we listed 4* that LSU had signed over the years. He then responded with "LSU failed to sign and develop QBs". At that point some of us said "that is NOT what you said in the title of the article. You specifically said recruited and signed...not the same thing.

Ron Higgins is a washed up HACK!!! Not just my opinion...try reading some comments from many people...i don't even read his articles anymore. I don't have to. His titles are anti-LSU time and time again and fiction...just like his statement about LSU QBs.

9. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

You weren't the only one who stated that. So yes, there were other sources besides you claiming that. Once again, for anyone to expect a verbatim quote is probably a reach. It is pretty easy to separate rumors from truth. Recruiting is open enough these days to the sunshine.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes, I did. I live in California, I am a USC fan. I don't read every article or post written here. I don't know the history of LSU QB's or Louisiana sports in general. I came across the article, I found some useful information, I posted it. Shoot me.