2017 ATH Dylan Moses Decommits from LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Sep 22, 2013.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think he's making a point that the fan base is spoiled and feels entitled to have him on the team. Apparently people on other sites were taking swipes at him and his family. You can disagree with how he takes message board talk and no, LSU is not unique, but it's true that he reads stuff and takes it to heart. Other recruits read boards too. It's becoming more prevalent. Not to dog TF but this board is smaller and probably doesn't get near as much play as the larger recruiting boards but nonetheless. People taking swipes at kids in any situation is probably not the best thing.

sunnyjim likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Then allow me to make mine.

It was said that he is thinking about going somewhere else because of the fans and that he "loves Miles like a father"

It's just me but if I love and respect someone as much as my dad then the last thing, I mean the absolute last thing (which translates to never) thing that I'm going to do is get in bed with his most hated enemy.

That dog don't hunt.

didit and mctiger like this.
  3. mobius481

Fans see it that way. coaches and players don't.

4. shane0911

Is this kid not a fan 1st? Have to be right?

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

RIght, he loves Miles like a father. He loves him so much that he started favoring Bama when an anonymous Internet poster was mad when he decommitted, that makes perfect sense. He saw Miles fall flat on his face in November and started looking at other options. He absolutely loves all the attention. Some anonymous Internet message board poster hurting his feelings is just a very lame excuse. Just man up and say you're looking to see if there are better options.

Bengal B and ThePhenom74 like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Are we really back on the kids won't go here because they read the message boards? That is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.

GregLSU, tzanghi, Bengal B and 2 others like this.
  7. mobius481

Didn't say it wasn't dumb. dumb and reality aren't mutually exclusive.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I don't see how you can draw that conclusion unless you're one of those types of people who still lives with their parents. I love my dad, but at no point does my proximity to him become a factor in my life decisions.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Sounds like you haven't been on the politics board in a while.

It's not the fact of something that's said on a message board. It's the culture of LSU fans and what terrible people many have become. I'm embarrassed to be an LSU fan sometimes because I don't want to be associated with the stupidity that runs rampant sometimes. I'm sure he's also getting a lot of pressure from friends, family, etc. Him going to IMG could be the best thing for LSU. Drake Davis for example didn't realize how much he missed LSU until he went to IMG.

mctiger, Winston1 and sunnyjim like this.
  10. shane0911

I guess a Hatfield marries a McCoy once in a while