2017 ATH Dylan Moses Decommits from LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Sep 22, 2013.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

So, the SPARQ reports have him listed at 6'2", 225 (but I see him listed in other reports anywhere from 6'0" to 6'2"). He's 15y/o and only in 9th grade. He either started kindergarten late, got held back/failed, or something like that. Man among boys when he was in middle school, will be interesting what happens in HS. The most vigorous height growth typically happens 12-15 y/o, then slows down. I wonder if he was an early bloomer, and will slow down fast. Either way, seems a freak of nature. Still very early in his football career, but certainly promising measurables, and athleticism.

2. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

Too early to tell where he will end up size-wise and position-wise. Could be a beast of a RB like Derrick Henry at Alabama (6'3", 238 lbs.). Seems to be unwavering in his commitment to us.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If he just turned 15 in either Jan or Feb, then that would put him in the 9th grade. But yeah otherwise he either got a late start or failed a grade.

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Kinda reminds me of when Moses brought down the Ten COmmandments, must have said, "Don't think twice, its alright."

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

6. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Never got the email --- I had better check my spam folder.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Dylan tweeted that he ran a 10.7 hundred meters, man that is fast for a guy that size. Many believe he will grow into a DE!

8. BP

BP Founding Member

In some states, I know AZ is one, and I'm pretty sure OH is another, you have to be six by September 1, so he could have an October birthday and be that old.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Dylan Moses named No. 1 for 2017
    • It didn’t take long for Edward Moses to know that his son was a special talent.

[​IMG]
      Dylan Moses was one of the most impressive players at LSU's elite camp that featured a loaded group of seniors.

At just nine years old, his oldest son Dylan was set to play in the championship game in little league football. He had been sick the entire week and still felt sick the day of the game. Despite being told to sit the game out, he insisted on playing, put the team on his back, scored four touchdowns and led his team to a victory.

“At that point, I knew that it’s about to be heading in the right direction,” Mr. Moses said of his son.

Seven years later and things are still heading in the right direction for Dylan Moses. Today, 247Sports has named the Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab athlete the top player in the nation for the class of 2017.

“It definitely means a lot to me,” Moses said of the honor. “I’ve definitely been striving for it ever since I started playing football. I’ve always wanted to be the best. Even though I’m number one, I’m definitely going to be the same person and going to keep working.”

Though he’s only going into his sophomore year, Moses is already what most would describe as a freak. He is 6-2, 220 pounds and more closely resembles a college sophomore than a high school sophomore. He plays linebacker and running back but could easily grow into a defensive end or tight end. He’s run blazing 40s on the camp circuit and he’s dominated the competition in nearly every setting. Those settings have always featured prospects older than him by two and sometimes three years.

But Moses has been preparing for that. He’s been playing varsity football since he was in middle school and he’s been readying himself for it even before then.

“In the beginning, it was he and I working out in a field that was more or less blocked off from the public,” Moses’ father said. “I did have to push him but the thing I always had to tell him was there are kids working out that you don’t see. We’re working for those kids so that when you run against them, it won’t be a shocker to you. I use that as his motivation.”

At this point, Moses has already been a regular at some of the most talented camps in the country. He was one of the best linebackers in attendance at the senior heavy Dallas Nike Football Training Camp. He was one of the best running backs in attendance at LSU’s elite camp this July too. That camp featured three LSU running back commits – all seniors.

[​IMG]
      Moses has proven that he can be a linebacker or a running back on the next level.

“Those kids” that have the potential to shock Moses are already getting scarce – and he has three more years of high school to go. Still Moses remains motivated.

“That’s only the beginning,” Dylan said. “I’m going to approach the season with a chip on my shoulder like I always have.”

Just as it didn’t take long for Edward Moses to know that he had a special talent on his hands, LSU recognized it early too. The Tigers offered the summer after Moses’ seventh grade year. Alabama offered not long after and over the next three years, just about everyone else has followed.

Moses committed to LSU in September of last year.

“I was kind of in the moment and I felt like I really wanted to be a Tiger in that moment,” he said of his decision. “I think it was the Georgia game when I committed to them. I just think that was kind of the moment I wanted to be a Tiger.”

Before the decision and after, the Tigers have continued to feel like the right fit.

“I’m very comfortable at LSU,” he said. “They’re family. I’ve been knowing them since I was like 10. They’re basically family. I’m very comfortable there.”

While that commitment remains, LSU will have to continue to recruit the nation’s top player.

“My thing right now is to continue to weigh my options and look at other schools,” he said. “LSU will always be number one. I just want to make the right decision.”

Those other schools that Moses would like to look at have already been identified. Florida State, Texas and Alabama have each caught his attention since his commitment.

“I went to Florida State and it just opened up my eyes a lot,” he said. “That was my first time visiting Florida State. I went three or four weeks ago. It’s a beautiful campus and a beautiful place. That’s another place I can see myself at.

“With Texas, when I go there, the Texas campus is like a small town. It’s very big, everything is big. The coaching staff is very great. I love Coach (Charlie) Strong. He’s a very cool guy. I like them too.

“Alabama, I’ve always loved them. They were like my next love after LSU. Also they were the second team to offer me. I have a good relationship with the coaching staff. they’re really good and they always roll out the red carpet for me when I’m over there.”

247Sports has never named a No. 1 player this early in the process. Rarely is there a player worthy of that kind of status this early. But already, Moses has been given a 99 rating, a rating that would put him above all but six players in the 2015 class.

With that kind of status comes the fight with complacency. It won’t get any easier for Moses. His father said it best though:

“It won’t get any easier for those kids he’s playing on Friday nights either.

geauxtigs likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Monster night for nation's No. 1 prospect for 2017
    26 minutes ago
    LSU commit Dylan Moses is the No. 1 overall prospect in the 2017 class and the talented sophomore showed why last week with a monster performance.

In a 48-20 win over West Feliciana, the 6-foot-2, 220-pound Moses recorded 18 tackles – seven for loss – and was also in on two sacks.

That marked the second straight week that he has tallied 18 tackles in a game and Moses now has 89 stops on the year in seven games – averaging nearly 13 tackles a contest.

Moses was initially offered by LSU while he was still in the eighth grade and he committed to the Tigers in September of 2013 when he was a freshman.