2017 ATH Dylan Moses Decommits from LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Sep 22, 2013.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

73 minutes ago
    LSU is known for playing strong defense under John Chavis and Chief can’t wait to get Dylan Moses on the field.

Unfortunately, Chavis will have to wait until 2017 because that is when the nation’s No. 1 prospect will graduate from University Lab.

As for what the 6-foot-2, 225-pound Moses will bring to the Tigers, just think about the last three weeks.

The sophomore sensation recorded 18 tackles in consecutive weeks then last week in a 55-14 win against Baker, Moses topped those marks with a 20-tackle performance.

Some players do not reach 56 tackles in a season and Moses reached that mark in just three games.

On the season, he now has 109 tackles in fewer than seven games and registered 10 quarterback hurries and two sacks with two blocked punts and an interception.

Moses has offers from schools all over the country and is a solid commitment for the Tigers.

cajdav1 and TigerTap like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He should play LB.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

From one Moses to another
    There have been plenty of words to describe 247Sports’ No. 1 prospect in the country for 2017 – Dylan Moses.

[​IMG]
    LSU commit Dylan Moses is No. 1 for 2017
    When a kid gets a scholarship offer the summer before his eighth grade year at University Lab from LSU one would expect to hear him referred to as a phenom or even a freak.

Moses, who committed to the Tigers nearly 17 months ago, has heard all of those names before. However, it has not changed the way the big-hitting linebacker approaches the game he holds so near and dear to his heart.

“He comes to work every single day and is such a hard worker,” said University Lab linebackers coach Andy Martin. “He has lofty goals for himself and he is not going to take anything less than reaching those goals. He’s not big-headed about anything and he is down to earth which makes him very coachable.”

That mindset was instilled in Moses at an early age by his father, Ed Moses, who knows a little about playing linebacker himself.

The elder Moses was a two-time All-America linebacker at Northwestern State where he totaled 433 career tackles. He was named to the Southland Conference All-Decade Team of the 1990’s and was enshrined into the Northwestern State Hall of Fame in 2014.

The elder Moses understands what it takes to maximize talent on and off the field, and he passed that down to his son.

“I always stress to Dylan the need to continue to develop because I don’t want him to become complacent or think that he has arrived,” said Moses. “It’s taken Dylan nine years to pick up the reasoning behind the technique that I’ve taught him for playing linebacker.

“Now that he is starting to understand the “Why”, the game is slowing down tremendously. The next step for him is to increase his awareness of the other positions on the field and how they affect his play, which should develop in the next couple of years.”

If the last two years is any indication of what is to come then opponents of University Lab better look out. After posting 176 tackles as a freshman, Moses registered 142 stops in 2014 – a season that ended in the Superdome with a state championship.

The 6-foot-2, 225-pound sophomore feels that even though his stats dipped slightly from his freshman season, he was a better player.

“The things I feel like I improved on the most were my reading skills and getting to the ball quicker and making better decisions,” said Moses, who holds offers from schools all over the country with Alabama, Texas, USC and UCLA being other schools he holds in high regard. “I also became a better leader this year and every year my instincts increase and get better.”

Moses attributes that success to several people, including his old man.

“He’s the one who taught me everything about linebacker,” said Moses. “I like contact and I like hitting people, and I know he did too.”

Someone else who has made a big impression on Moses is Martin, but that works both ways.

“What impressed me so much when I saw him before he got to high school was obviously he was so gifted,” explained Martin. “But the biggest difference is the mental part is starting to catch up.

“You can see him diagnosing what is happening in front of him and you can see that the mental part is catching up to his body. It’s coming a little bit easier to him now.”

And with two years still left to play in high school before he gets to the college level, it should get even easier for him.

That is good news for Moses and the U-High Cubs, but bad news for anyone lining up against them.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

per 247

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Well that would suck. LSU needs Moses.

6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I wouldn't read too much into it. Dude wants to take his visits and be drooled over and offered the moon. My money is on him recommitting after a lot of squirming from us Tiger fans.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I hate recruiting

tzanghi and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I hate AND love recruiting!

shane0911 likes this.
  9. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

I'm not worried about him. I strongly believe he's coming to LSU, but I don't see the purpose of the de-commitment. Lots of committed players take visits to other schools. I'm sure he could talk to Miles and he would agree to it. I just think the de-commitment serves no purpose.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It means that he is not coming.