2017 LB Chris Allen

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tzanghi, Jan 4, 2017.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Baton Rouge native and current Alabama commit. 4* from Southern University Lab; 6'4" 235 lbs.

There's been some talk that Marcus Randall is steering players to Alabama. Here he is in an article that seems pretty LSU-favorable: https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/christopher-allen-lsu-flip-alabama

This was already reported in another thread, but I figured he deserves his own. Looks like we may still be in the running, although, I'm not counting on anything.

2. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

So glad you started this thread. I was getting sick of seeing the Rice thread keep coming up.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

So let's say just for argument sake we flip him. Do we still get Will Gay? What about the other kid Gay was talking about bringing with him, another LB

@bhelmLSU

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Still in limbo...get one on board and deal with the rest later. Allen has a spot no matter what if he wants it.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I would think there's room for two top LBs right now. The current LB roster going into next season: Devin White, Devin Voorhies, Ray Thornton, Michael Divinity, Donnie Alexander, Layton Garrett, Jonathan Rucker, Ben Nola, M.J. Patterson, Hunter Burns. Other than White and Divinity, not a stellar group (Thornton is a 4-star, so there's hope).

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

LSU has to get this kid. You just can't let Diva Moses and Chris Allen get away.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yep, tell them to open up the checkbook 1st, then say all that stuff you said about blondie being ALL SEC and stuff

8. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

This makes me wonder why no one wants to come in and play right away. Also, I don't understand the notion that Alabama develops LBs better than LSU. I haven't checked the numbers, but I thought LSU had more starting LBs in the NFL than Alabama.

Since I was writing the post, I figured I'd check. LSU has 7 LBs in the NFL, including Kiki Mingo. By my gauge, 5 of these are starters: Kelvin Sheppard, Perry Riley, Deion Jones, Kevin Minter, and Kwon Alexander. By comparison, Alabama has 6 LBs in the NFL. By my educated guess, 5 of them are starters: CJ Mosley, Reggie Ragland (not positive on this one), Donta Hightower, Mark Barron (safety in college), and Rolando McClain(shoutout to @LaSalleAve) ; I don't think Courtney Upshaw is a starter. This puts us at least even with them, being that none of LSUs LBs were developed by Saban and that Barron was technically developed as a safety.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    mctiger likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

McClain and Upshaw both play, however Upshaw is now a DE. Don't know if Upshaw starts. McClain does for Dallas.

10. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

McClain is out of the league. Couldn't control his love for the stuff.