2017 RB Cam Akers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tzanghi, Dec 3, 2016.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Like that one we had..........when?

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm going from memory here, but I believe between the years of getting Kevin Faulk and Fournette, the only 5-star running back we got was Spencer Ware. What we've done is rarely miss on the top-rated backs coming out of LA....Mealey, Toefield, D. Davis, K. Williams, Scott, Hester, Vincent, Ford, Blue, Hilliard, Hill, D. Williams, Guice....all 4 star guys who we kept home and got top notch production from. No reason to think we can't keep doing this.

shane0911 and TwistedTiger like this.
  3. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Pretty sure Keiland was a 5 star, and we got Ware as an athlete as he played QB in high school.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

After this season the cupboard is pretty bare. Williams will be gone and Guice will leave after his JR year. LSU will be left with Broussette, Mr. My Brother Got Me A Scholly, and the midget 3-star who is committed right now.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Isn't there another recruiting class after next season? And this one isn't even finished yet. About 13 months too early to panic.

6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Keiland Williams was a 5*, and so was Guice actually, although to be fair, McTiger's probably going by a different source than I am(Rivals), which may have all these guys 4*. Interestingly, Hester was a 2* on Rivals! Probably my favorite LSU back of all time.

As for Akers, losing him is sour for this class. He is a STUD. I thought if we could nab him and Marvin Wilson, things would look great for O, and future OOS recruits might again see us as a top destination.

Brian likes this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Like I said, my source was memory. Think you're right about Keiland though, and to be fair, I said Faulk to Fournette - Guice came after Fournette.:D

Brian likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly right. There are plenty of 3 and 4 star backs to go around and if LSU is short on RB's there will be a line at the door to get on board.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

The guy has moves. Looks a little like Guice.

10. The Dome Ranger

The Dome Ranger Freshman

To be fair, Faulk played QB at Carencro in high school as well. It was not uncommon for a high school to have a running back who could pass a little at the QB position back then (still not, but less common in the bigger schools now).