2018 LSU Football Season Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Jul 31, 2018.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Agreed. Had Auburn beat UGA again in the SECCG they absolutely deserved to be in with 2 losses. In every other sport on the planet it’s about the team who is playing their best at the right time. 2007/2008 NY Giants come to mind.

I understand most (not all) criticism/skepticism LSU is getting from the talking heads, but like you I am peculiarly optimistic this year for some reason.

We are littered with talent all over the place and have a lot of playmakers nobody has heard of yet. It’s like when people are so surprised at the number of LSU wide receivers in the NFL........LSU has always had one of the most talent filled rosters in college football, we just have to use it. This season is no different, we’re still just a QB away.

I’ll admit I’m well documented of being shitty about the Coach O hire, but as far as I’m concerned the man is an LSU Tiger and I’m rooting for his success. More now than ever just to prove the naysayers wrong and see him shown some damn respect. But he’ll have to earn it by winning.

Winston1, ROY_LA_CA and ParadiseiNC like this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Couldn’t say it better myself. Agree with every statement.

3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Now that's funny.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

...and that's the bottom line 'cause stone cold said so

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You're right. There's still a pretty good sized group that believes LSU Is an eight or nine win team--some as far as ten giving one of two between UGA and Auburn.

The media seems to be driven by the new coaches LSU will be facing. They look four four SEC wins and struggle. If they're correct on Miami, we're at sevens for the season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Miami is gonna claim “me too” after this game.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, it’s about time they get into the movement.

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Texas Stadium) Miami - W curb-stomping 34-10
    Southeastern Louisiana - W
    @ Auburn - L
    Louisiana Tech - W
    Ole Miss - W
    @ Florida - W
    Georgia - L
    Mississippi State - W
    BYE
    Bama - W
    @ Arkansas - W
    Rice - W
    @ Texas A&M - W

ParadiseiNC and Winston1 like this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

It’s truly a wait and see, both for LSU and the majority of the SEC outside of Bama and Georgia. But I stand firm that if Burrow or Brennan breaks out, LSU will be a force. That’s a huge if and most likely not going to happen to the point we’re CFP contenders, but there’s always a chance and if there was a team with all the other pieces needed, that very well could be a roster like LSU.

If not, we are easily staring a 7-5 season in the face. I’m just not that impressed with the rest of the SEC outside Bama and Georgia and maybe Auburn.

There is just Nothing about A&M, Florida, Arkansas or Ole Miss that’s so impressive I feel like they’re better than the Tigers this year.

Morehead having a big year at Miss State is wishful thinking in my opinion. We got that game at home and because they beat us last year I see a win there for us (just not seeing back to back losses to Mississippi State). Especially with Fitzgerald coming off a nasty injury and a new coach.

That leaves the 4 monster games (Auburn, Bama, Miami and Georgia). We have enough talent to steal at least one of those, especially if we get a pleasant surprise at QB and OC. There is obviously a lot riding on that for LSU this year.

But, with all the unknowns of course we could bomb out and have a shit year too. Injuries could flare up, a QB controversy could cause problems, etc.

We will know a lot more once we know who will be under center, what exactly our offense will look like and how we perform week 1 against Miami.

Geaux Tigers

kcal and Bengal B like this.
  10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

At this point I think just about everyone knows how everybody else feels about O. I think it’s time to be fans and give him and especially the team our support and take a positive outlook. I don’t mean wear blinders if he screws up but stop looking for gloom and doom. Be prepared to criticize.....in the true meaning of the word as the season progresses.
    Wear your purple and gold glasses and cheer for the best rather than dreading the worst, until and unless it happens. He’ll taint will keep the rag on as much as necessary.
    The Miami game is perhaps the most critical game in O’s tenure here. A win against a media darling and likely a strong team could start the Tigers off on a memorable season. Let’s look forward to it with hope in our eyes.