2018 LSU Football Season Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We have lousy fair weather fans of a marquee program who don't deserve any good coach.

LSUTiga likes this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

You’re entitled to your own opinion, but I think lousy is a poor adjective here. Aranda doesn’t stick around for lousy. Ensminger doesn’t come full circle and commit to being the OC for lousy. Players don’t step up after 2 consecutive crappy losses last year and fight for a lousy coach to finish the year beating Auburn and Florida the way we did. Criticize when appropriate, but give credit when due, and characterize fairly and accurately.

Winston1, didit, Robidoux87 and 4 others like this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

6-6

TigerTap likes this.
  4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

9-4 with a bowl win

kcal, LSU_4_LIFE and Bengal B like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

If we win more than 9 games regular season O should be given an extension, the duck is right 9-4 at best. Of course if Jeaux is a phenom and we find a running game with few injuries 10 is posdible.

CalcoTiger, LSUTiga and ParadiseiNC like this.
  6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

...just needed to be quoted.

There's uncertainty in the schedule as well. I've seen more than a handful point to the close wins with Miami last season. We've seen Miami teams crash and burn. A strong win against Miami, and they pull a FSU '17, and what does it mean? MSU and Arkansas are undervalued right now.

Hyperbole.

7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

LSU is loaded with talent again but has quite a bit of inexperience at key offensive positions and a very tough schedule.

I’m not ready to predict game by game yet until after fall camp (maybe even after Miami). Ya it’s chicken shit. No shock here but with our line play, stout defense and playmakers on paper this team is talented enough to win 9 or 10 games. And just like with any team we’re always a great QB away from competing for a CFP spot (albeit rare).

On the flip side, all that inexperience and tough ass schedule we could have a very rough season (like a 6 win season). At this point due to several unknowns there is reason to believe this year could go either way.

Gotta wait and see

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I will make that determination after Miami. This will show me our mindset and how hard we worked in the off-season.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

At least you are willing to wait and see unlike some here.

10. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Fair enough. I think if you give him credit for the bounce-back you also must acknowledge that he was at the helm for the games that needed to be bounced-back from. Including a deplorable ass-kicking at home by a rent-a-win team (with ample evidence that he fucked around with the offense to disastrous effect).

I just can't believe that LSU would fire Miles mid-season and end up with a guy who is a lateral move AT BEST. It tells me that there was never a plan.

With O, LSU can win more than it loses, go to an OK bowl game, and be an SEC also-ran. And that's probably the ceiling. This is not the hire that makes anyone say, "you had a nice run, Saban."

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018