2018 LSU football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If that's true you should eat a lot more of it.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

Clowny it's funny that miles tried to hire E for his OC at one time and E said no, but that makes him no good now. LOL. E is a QB and will develop QBs better than what we have had developing them in recent memory, I love listening to him, he is going 4 wide one running back. I think we are moving it on everybody including the crimson tide. I think we stand a good shot of beating everyone we play.

Red Zone offense was 105th in the nation last year, a change was made, a change had to be made. We will score in the red zone now.

3. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

No one knows until we play the schedule but it would not surprise most if:
    September 2-3
    October 1-2
    November 2-2
    The schedule is tough if everyone builds on last year, but with so many new coaches on that schedule who knows we may win them all. A 5-7 year will not do any favors for the current staff....and Joe!

Brian likes this.
  4. didit

didit Veteran Member

and the best sean payton could do was be a scab qb during the strike season...

Bengal B likes this.
  5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Really? We've got a brutal schedule next year.

i see 5 wins (SELA, LaTech, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Rice)
    I see 2 losses (Georgia, Alabama)
    I see 5 maybes (Miami, Auburn, Florida, State, A&M)

6 wins would hurt, no doubt. We have no leadership and cohesion.

8 wins would be a solid year with this schedule and the state of our program versus that of those on our schedule. You win your 5 and then you beat say a State and A&M. Or a mix. Not enthused, but not surprised.

9+ would be a very good year, because we probably won our 5 we should, and we've cashed in on 4 or more of the maybes/losses.

We are painfully thin at RB and CB. QB is an unknown. We are a program without an identity right now. We were DBU, with a supposed improved offense. Are both accurate next year?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Per you:
    U Maybe
    SELA Win
    AU Maybe
    Tech Win
    OM Win
    FU Maybe
    UGA Loss
    MOOU Maybe

3W - 1L, 4 Maybes; If we split the maybes that’s Les Miles level mediocre, which o can probably survive in year 2, but I’ll be pretty disappointed if we aren’t making progress. Year one was a flat out disappointment. Not interested in replacing Miles with another mediocre coach with a Cajun accent.

Pjoe and shane0911 like this.
  7. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I like it if he backs up those words.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Against SEC defensive lines, when have we see a single back set with four wide's (whether it's true spread or not) work without a dynamic quarterback?

@LaSalleAve mentions in the first post of this thread "if they can find a center" being one of the keys of the offense. If you're seeing a true spread attack from LSU along with wider splits on the line...all the while looking for a guy to call the blocking schemes as the team is learning a new style attack...I'm lost trying to see what you're seeing.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

What's your question. Or are you just implying we don't have a dynamic qb.

Our hc contradicts himself about what offense he wants in the very same sentence half the time. He wants to run the 'USC offense' . Then says he wants to run the spread with a dual threat qb. He almost lost Brennan trying to nab yalls commitment in the 11th hour last year. Hes an emotional rube who doesn't have a real system. Just an idea of plays in his swollen head.
    I do like Ensminger however. But he's not someone to keep Oeaux out of the offense. Which is why Canada is gone. And that's a bad omen if history is any indication.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    cul2969 and kcal like this.