2018 performance vs recruiting

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by APPTiger, Jan 15, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You might take that like I am saying its a "disaster". Quite the opposite. I am saying we are "this close" to being ELITE...

Only being held up by Forrest Gump and Lieutenant Dan.

lsu-i-like, furduknfish and shane0911 like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think you believe the play calling is a disaster. I agree with you on "this close", we just disagree on where the fundamental problem lies.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Multiple times a game it is. I didn't think that was debatable. We are constantly put in positions that harm the outcome of the game. Redzone offense is just one of those examples and it is a major one vs good teams.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Pooyie nothing changes here

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

OK, but let's look at it from another angle. Let's take Bama...their offensive line is technically sound and usually much physically stronger than most teams they play. They're running a pretty up-to-date offense, but do you think they could run Les Miles ground and pound and still be successful? I do....superior execution makes any play calling effective. Hell, look at the 2011 LSU offense. We didn't have trouble scoring on anyone except Bama, which had a defense overstocked with future NFL talent. QB play that year was inferior to what we had this year, WR play was probably a little better; Randle and Beckham didn't drop many. But we were loaded at running back and on the line. I'm not going to go back and start number-crunching, but I'd say in game planning - until the championship game disaster - we were pretty similar in run/pass ratio that year and this year. But the '11 offense was much better, and against a better schedule too. Was it play calling or execution?

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Just in case you didnt know it hard for everyone to get TD's in the red zone even the pros. The field is compressed and limited. In LSU's case its the quality, availability and experience of our OL, average RB's, new WR's, one TE and a new QB that hindered us THIS YEAR. NEXT YEAR whole other story. I expect a much improved offense.

I know you will retort with "same ole shit" from Meaux but you kneaux I can say the same thing about you and others here i.e. "E sucks"

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Right so with the philosophy we have, when we face elite teams like Bama we lose. Before the game starts. That is the point I get from this argument...

Again, its not like we have problems with ONLY Bama. People are not being honest about the actual games and just looking at the final W's.

furduknfish likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Its been over a decade.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I can't be anymore clear than this.

We fired a coach that "could" get us 3rd in the west, 10 wins, and a lack luster O for exactly the same.

LSU deserves better than what we have and CAN do better...

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In 2011 the defense gave us the ball in shorter field situations so many times that even Jordan Jefferson couldn't screw it up most of the time.

LSUpride123 likes this.