2019-2020 Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 3, 2019.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

TheRealist and shane0911 like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

First game Friday 11/8 7PM; Bowling Green visiting the PMAC. SECN+... I think that means streaming only.

3. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

So what's the good word on the season? I haven't read any articles yet. Need to tomorrow

4. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Per Dandy Don: Wade said he thinks this team could be as good or better than last year's. I dunno, that sounds like wishful thinking to me.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

note i am always a basketball optimist

lost a lot of talent in tremont, KBW and naz reid.

gained another 5 star talent in trendon watford. but interestingly, even though this fella is 6'9 it appears he has very little inclination to play inside. he will drive to the hoop off the dribble, but i dont think he likes to post up. given that the is the only real viable big man on the team, that means they will play a whole different style. more open, quicker. but thats ok, this is where basketball is going (houston, golden state)

starting lineup yesterday was

PG smart
    SG mays
    SF manning
    PF days
    C watford

although i think those positions are obsolete and its really guards, wings, bigs.

manning is the JUCO with massive athleticism, and wade adores him. think its possible wade found a big star among the juco ranks that was passed over a bit by others.

new backup PG is this dude bishop from baltmore. apparently the hardest working human that ever lived. handles and shoots well. is young.

marlon taylor was hurt somehow yesterday but i think he will be ok. lookin forward to some big 'oops from him.

darius days does two things really really well. he is a board man, and a 3 point marksman, particularly from the corner. that guy can bury a triple from the baseline. expect many.

the two current 5 star players on the team are watford and williams. williams was very raw last year. all talent and enthusiasm, no shot. rumor has it he shoots now. will believe it when i see it.

returning from last year as redshirt are aundre hyatt and courtese cooper. waters said last year cooper is like a "baby giraffe" in the way he moves. i dont expect much. hyatt on the other hand looks muscled and can shoot. could be very useful.

also have low level juco guy named deshawn thomas who i suspect is purely for rebounds when others are in foul trouble.

plus white practice player transfer guy from SE LA. shoots. practices. and marshall graves who can hit a 3 if desperate for one.

sweet 16 seems very possible. manning and watford and smart and williams are good. days is good. there is some depth. they are fit and athletic. wade is a goddamn genius. buy season tix. only 100$

Rolan, Winston1, TheRealist and 3 others like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

Yeah, sounds like no traditional post game. Sounds like a work in progress, but I trust WW.

Thank god for Woodward, Alleva was tripping over himself with the WW stuff.

7. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Interesting, really enjoyed watching them last year and the past few years. Sort of woke up my love for LSU basketball again, I had shelved it to protect my nerves, had season tickets with my Grand parents when I was younger through high school. Its been a long dry spell, and yes I understand that a bit of fair weather fan. But its hard getting excited about college basketball anymore. I hate the 1 and done rule, but get it. Just makes it hard to get into a team as its always a 1 year deal it seems.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. HoopHound

HoopHound Veteran Member

Hes good at working without standard edition SEC bigs. Key is guard rebounding.
    Looking forward to the VCU game. The whiney VCU fans have been bad mouthing him since he left and will likely behave poorly. Hope he shows them there IS a difference between P5 and mid major teams. Take our defensive numbers from last year with a pinch of salt, we had a weak schedule.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

excited to see watford