2019-2020 Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 3, 2019.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Very happy to see him contribute last night. He and EW are incredible athletes. We have a bunch of solid players that looked more like a team last night.

Trying to figure out why we aren’t pulling away from teams - turnovers are probably a major reason. I remember griping about the refs and Smart the most. Hyatt hit a few big shots, Bishop doesn’t look ready. Days seems to stay in foul trouble.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Watching him last night, I told my son that dude reminds me of MJ. Don’t know if he’ll end up anywhere close to MJ, but he’s got the potential to take off when he gets to the NBA.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

last night he looked light years ahead of where he was previously

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Not how it works dummy. 5 top 10 teams lost this week. Lead changes happen in every game. That's what makes the sport exciting.

You are new to this sport yes? There's no such team except the dream team and maybe unlv.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

thats just basketball. nobody runs away from anybody. even the pelicans stay within 12 of the lakers and go on runs.

i think its because basketball is such an effort game on defense. its very difficult to maintain 100% effort on D when you are up 15. nobody just pours it on and wins by 25 unless the opponent is a true disgrace you can mangle without even trying.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

I think that’s the way it’ll go this year, though the team seems to be making progress. I know basketball is kind of a tossup compared to football, but I don’t think definitive wins are out of the question.

7. lsu-i-like

PS, I checked scores and it seems LSU plays games much closer than standard teams. Headlines report, “LSU wins another thriller.”

Winning is better than losing, but having solid wins isn’t impossible. It just indicates we aren’t heads and shoulders better, we’re just scrappy.

It’s weird listening to pundits expecting LSU to win. The way we’ve played we could have lost every SEC game. Glad WW teaches grit, it’s a good trait in college basketball. Next is putting games away; we aren’t there yet.

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

LSU is a point guard away from putting teams away....smart is a player who, when on, is virtually unstoppable.....in between those times it's not very pretty

this team will get better as smart evolves

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

There's no putting away teams minus randomness.

Boot up bitches. Early tip secn 6pm.