2019-2020 Basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i have been discussing the roster crunch above. hyatt, bishop and cooper all risk losing spots to incoming fellas. cooper has to be the most at risk.

however, they are about to announce which players get years of eligibility back. and if they do, this would crowd out recruits, so they will need to expand the rosters. and they cant have the roster size expansion be based on actual departing players because it would need to be the same size for all teams or some would have an advantage. if LSU got 3 scholarships back for the graduates, that would rule. wade would have a massive team of insane depth, because he is already bursting at the seams. none of the 3 seniors would come back. surely they would at other schools, but none of the LSU guys.

its very complicated because if they grow the rosters, and they give back years to not just seniors but to all players, that could create a 4 year logjam for the rosters. or else it might hurt incoming players chances at scholarships. anyways, we will know in an hour or so.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

then add all of the transfer activity that will occur as a result. will be crazy....

Bengal B likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

what we be great is if they waive the sit out year for all transfers. then shareef oneal and leblanc are both in immediately for sure, and it helps guys like cooper, who seems like a nice gent and should be able to play next year wherever he would transfer.

players should generally be able to transfer and not sit out for any reason whatsoever

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

interesting article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ity-vote-monday-muddled-variables/2936155001/

thank jeebus LSU football earns like crazy and has stack upon stacks of cash. because if you are playing, for example, softball, and your season gets smashed after just a few games, and you are a senior, you almost surely want that 5th year, either to take your time for undergrad, or get some free grad schoolin. and LSU can easily afford this with the football fellas filling up trucks with cash. other schools, not so much.

good example of how success at sports help academics and the community at large. LSU easily funds scholarships without any stress on the university.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lsu-i-like and HoopHound like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Wade is a gangsta. A gangsta of hoops. Maybe he made the NCAA an offer they couldn't refuse.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

will wade quote from new HBO documentary :

"
    I was thinking last night on this Smart thing. I’ll be honest with you, I’m f------ tired of dealing with the thing. Like I’m just f------ sick of dealing with the s---.

“I went to him with a f------ strong-ass offer about a month ago. F------ strong. But the problem was, I know why he didn’t take it now, because it was it was f------ tilted toward the family a little bit. But I mean, it was a f------ hell of a f------ offer. Hell of an offer. Especially for a kid who is going to be a two- or three-year kid. I’ve made deals for a lot of players who are as good as him that were f------ a lot simpler than this.”

- will wade, not saying shit about shit. man wants to give a kid a strong ass scholarship to a nice school that has pretty girls and good food. strong ass offer.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

more quotes from the HBO documentary:

"Dawkins: In essence, let me ask you this. Do you think you’ll get Naz Reid?

Miller: No he’s going to LSU. We’re not even bringing him on a visit. He’s not even visiting. That’s all (expletive), Like I’m looking at our recruiting board, he’s not even on it. I’ve never talked to the kid. All (expletive) hype (expletive) on the phone is stupid. He just probably said (expletive) you, I don’t want 75, I want 120. I may go to Arizona. That’s all that was.

Dawkins: And Will Wade is, I told Book, I said Will Wade is like driving up the price of (expletive). Cause he’s not even doing like real numbers.

Miller: I’ll tell you what I give him credit. He’s got a big set of balls on him.

Dawkins: No, Will Wade doesn’t give a (expletive), Sean"

this actually seems like a positive for recruiting. kids love a hard homie that can tell the NCAA he dont give a fuck. kids know the NCAA is bullshit. might as well go play for the american gangster

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

article from 24/7 sports

"Will Wade has LSU rolling on the recruiting trail with a Top 10 recruiting class on the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting rankings.

Currently, LSU has three signees in four-star point guard Jalen Cook, three-star big Bradley Ezewiro and five-star shooting guard Cam Thomas already locked in. Wade and his staff added four-star point guard Eric Gaines this month and four-star forward Mwani Wilkinson last month as a commitment.

Add in LSU legacy and UCLA transfer forward Shareef O'Neal along with Georgetown transfer Josh LeBlanc, who is already on campus, and LSU has upgraded its depth significantly ahead of losing Marlon Taylor at the wing spot and Emmitt Williams to the professional ranks.

So how can LSU finish out the class? It's looking pretty strong.

Starting with one of the obvious prospects, 2021 Prolific Prep forward Frank Anselem. The four-star prospect has long been favored to LSU in the 247Sports Crystal Ball and that's not changing anytime soon.

Anselem is likely to reclassify to 2020 at some point and sign in April with a college program. All indications are, that'll be LSU. He's the No. 50 overall prospect and No. 7 overall center in the country on 247Sports.

To cap things off, LSU is a serious contender for five-star big man Moussa Cisse, who could reclassify to 2020, if his classwork is in order. If the 6-10, 220-pounder does that, LSU is the expected favorite to land him. LSU picked up a 247Sports Crystal Ball pick on Monday while Memphis holds three picks.

The Top 10 overall prospect is fresh off a Florida State official visit and LSU could be close to getting him on campus next as he continues to navigate a busy recruitment.

Kentucky, Georgia, UCLA, USC, Tennessee and Memphis are also coming hard after Cisse, who is nearly averaging a triple-double in his high school season.

If LSU landed Cisse, LSU would take themselves out of the running for five-star forward Jonathan Kuminga, a source reiterated to Geaux247.

He's the No. 1 overall prospect on 247Sports in the 2021 class and has a 247Sports Crystal Ball pick in to land him, but his recruitment has a long way to go and Cisse would be the valued target over him in 2020 with his ability to block shots, something LSU desperately needs in the 2020 class.

So with two prospects that LSU is looking like the favorite for in Anselem and Cisse, that'd close out the class, giving LSU one of the best in school history. Barring a big change, I have LSU landing Anselem and Cisse to close things out.

Stick with Geaux247 for the latest on LSU basketball"

so that was an article from 24/7. i have been watching this dude moussa cisse and this guy is bonkers. huge dude with long arms and massive leaping ability. the most destructive high school shot blocker i have ever seen. get this guy, and buy the final four tickets, he is a BEAST

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    lsu-i-like, HoopHound and tirk like this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am about halfway through the HBO doc that wade is in. seems like this doc just makes the NCAA and FBI look like shitheads and they want this to blow over. they are gonna wanna forget this and keep their farce of a system rolling.

no way wade goes down behind this

lsu-i-like and HoopHound like this.