2019 preseason talk

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Jul 7, 2019.

1. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

[QUOTE="GiantDuckFan, post: 1782076, member: man, how I wanna beat effing auburn[/QUOTE]
    Don't we all!:cool:

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

3. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

How are you supplanting Georgia who would be 12-1 with a loss in the SECCG?

(Based on the same parameters of @COTiger and his ESPN link for LSU: http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi/_/id/61 )

FWIW, I'm not of the opinion UGA is 12-0 through the regular season and I'm not of the opinion LSU will be a one loss team in December.

COTiger likes this.
  5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I agree with both points.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I'd agree LSU has a chance to have a good season. By that I'm saying if we're seeing 10 wins as the record for '19 we can look back and say it was a good season. A hell of a lot better than say a 4-4 conference record, ya know?

But, while I'm thinking that I'm struggling over a few things, Shane.

Is the confidence now greater than it was a year ago? Is so, why? I recall, quite vividly, Orgeron lauding LSU as playing "head to head" against Bama in '17. And, he went on to the point of "they'd be better in '18."

Should we expect a better season this year than last? If so, why? Or, is this another rendition of the song we've been hearing?

I see a few things. One, I believe the number is five...as in five more returning starters in '19 versus '18. There's a lot of uncertainty within the western division which points to a good chance of LSU finishing higher in the division than last season. (That said, I'm also leaning towards the view that A&M's best chance for a solid road win will come in BR.)

Am I misreading this whole thing? LSU is going to be a stronger team but Bama is going to be weaker so that's a W in O's column?

And one last thing...I'm still seeing a team without a rudder. What's the identity? Is it the power running game with emphasis on improving in the trenches? I've heard that. Or, is it "we're going to spread it out?

O/U at 9. Seems spot on to me.

7. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

The internet sport sites are projecting the 2019 season as follows:
    10 wins
    2nd in the West
    Sugar Bowl vs Oklahoma on Jan 1

This is a good season, but there's potential for more. As usual, the difference between a good season and an exceptional one rest on the results of the Alabama game. LSU has to win because the team won't get any help from anyone else in the conference (looking at you Tennessee, 13 straight losses to your cross division rival. The Alabama dynasty has been built on the demise of the Vol's program)

Currently FPI gives LSU a 25% chance to win @ Bama on Nov 9.

8. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Prediction: a nice season with some quality wins, a fine bowl, a respectable national ranking, and the annual reminder that LSU is way behind Alabama.

COTiger and shane0911 like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yeah this is where it sits for me as well. I am hoping that they figure this out by the end of the texas game. If they do it will be a great season.

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

You suck...now i have to go have a beer. and its only 923 AM