2019 Season

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Bengal B, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The NFC South was 0-3 in today's opening games. Saints can take the early lead with a win Money night.

2. didit

didit Veteran Member

And done... Breaks a string of 5 opening game loses for us

Bengal B likes this.
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Does anyone think we'll make a trade before the Oct. 29th deadline to get a WR or TE? It's frustrating to me because I see all these other contending teams (Pats, Rams, 49ers) making moves to make their team better but we never seem to pull the trigger. I doubt Cantlanta would have traded Sanu to us, but SF got Emmanuel Sanders and a 5th round pick for a 3rd and a 4th. I guess there's still time to get AJ Green, even though he hasn't played a down this year and always seems to be hurt or another name I've heard is Tyler Eifert, but if it's like last year, we won't do anything even though there's a glaring need; especially now with Kamara being hurt. I hope we do something, but we'll see.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That's frustrating, but the Saints usually don't make midseason trades. Eli Apple last year was a rare but very necessary exception. I wish we'd make a WR move too, and was very disappointed when we didn't jump in on Sanders. Don't want to go after Green; after last year's fiasco with Meredith/Bryant/Marshall, I don't want another guy who's going straight to the trainer's room when he joins the team. We also have to consider who/what we'd have to give up to make a splash move.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. fanatic

100%

6. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Josh Gordon imo

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

So, instead of just "out w/injury" like the other potential WR options being discussed, we'll add "out w/drug suspension." No thanks. The potential for JG has always been there, but father time is catching up, too. I had him on my FF team last season, and I got like one good game out of him. Injury was the main issue last season, then he had a good stretch (after I dropped him, of course) and he's done just okay this season. Out right now w/injury, I believe.

8. fanatic

Right.. he's on IR now which, I think, means he can't even come back until last couple of games in the season. I don't think he would be much help.

9. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Wrong, in a few weeks he will be released and a free agent. This is a trick, ne does to get extra draft pics. If no trade goes through I think this could happen. And oh no he smoked weed.... Gasp

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I’m not giving a subjective opinion about the goodness or badness of smoking weed. Currently, it is a federal and NFL violation for which he has been suspended multiple times, and is then not available for his team. The dude is immensely talented, but is now getting older, gets hurt more, and has a h/o being suspended multiple times. Would you hire that person?