2020 Official LOI signing

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Dec 18, 2019.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I thought mom loved Coach O and that was a big reason why LSU was a favorite? I guess in the end, she'd rather him closer.

2. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Actually he did. He is originally from Georgia. Went to four different high schools in 4 years. In Florida and Cali and Georgia.. mom is moving back home to Atlanta and that was a huge part of it before Kirby negative recruited our depth..

Burch had told the staff and O he was favoring LSU according to some. Mom wanted him close to home in the end looks like. That is often how we landed some big time offensive players under Les you knew he'd underutilize. Distance and mom plays a huge role in OOS recruiting. It's why Saban had been ruthless about over recruiting tons of OOS kids and processing some during his epic run. He knows some will flip at the last second.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    tzanghi likes this.
  3. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Exactly why I'm not a fan of taking the best possible. Let's keep that fence around LA, first. We lost out on several really good kids that wanted to be at LSU, some from the state. That may sting some down the road. It's never a guarantee, especially with out of state kids. Most in states will stick to their word because it's their dream school. Other kids may want to be closer to parents in the end.

Again, the sky isn't at all falling. This is a GREAT class. There is a big punch to the gut though, losing three flips and not getting the big prize with all the cutting of committed players. We have some great pieces and a lot to be happy about. If we win the title that will certainly help a lot next year, especially recruiting nationally. Clemson, Bama, and OSU have longevity, we have to preve we're here to stay.

didit and Brian like this.
  4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Shit, I didn’t know that. My bad. After all these years, I still haven’t learned not to assume...

Brian likes this.
  5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

No worries some assume Grant Delpit is a Texas kid but he moved there from Louisiana. Hard to track these kids! 4 high schools in 4 years all over always concerned me. Then 2 secret visits to uga lying to our staff? I wish them all well but Jermaine handled it terribly. Rak was always a flip concern the staff knew that. Burch handled it pristinely.

Btw I answered your previous question on Burch and loving LSU, i totally missed it so edited my previous post with what I've heard.:):)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    tzanghi likes this.
  6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Thanks for sharing man. Burch still hasn’t signed, so I’m crossing all fingers but not expecting anything. Seems like we were getting shafted on all ends, though I don’t blame Burch either because he never seems to have said anything.

Brian likes this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Anyone read this regarding Rakim Jarrett? https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/l...on-flip-commitment-early-signing-period-2020/

"on LSU’s coaching staff, Jarrett didn’t exactly have a ringing endorsement of the staff he had been committed to for eight months.

“To be honest, I think it was a lack of trust between the coaching staff at LSU and myself,” Jarrett added. “If I was going to go all the way to Louisiana, I would have to really trust those guys down there. If Coach Locks and his staff were at LSU, I probably would’ve went [there].”

Combine that with the recent comments from Stingley's dad, where he said there's misinformation out there about what CEO said about Stingley eventually playing both ways. Explains a lot, I think.

8. mctiger

Tell Landon Collins' mom that.

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i think jarrett had more concerns about chase, marshall, etc. than the staff

10. mctiger

If that's the case, we have to resurrect the Les Miles "doesn't have the chest" comment. If Jefferson leaves (I'd say very likely), plus Dillon is done, there's room for one or even 2 new receivers to contribute.