2021 5* DT Maason Smith

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tzanghi, Jul 14, 2020.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Huge target for us out of Terrebonne. Kid is wrecking his opponent’s in drills left and right. Looks like his HS season is cancelled, so he has hinted at reclassification to the 2020 class. And I believe we have one spot left unlike some other big time teams...

Edit: ok false alarm on the reclassification. Apparently he has since said it was a joke. But still a huge target.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

247’s top guy just crystal balled Maason Smith to LSU. Looking good but not over yet. This kid will be an absolute monster.

Rolan and seabrookcajun like this.
  3. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Really hope so, and then get Korey Forman to join him. Geaux Tigers

shane0911 likes this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Be great to get Smith however we got quite a few DL monsters on campus from last year's haul.

5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

We do have some monsters already but I think Smith is on the level of Roy if not higher. He is 320+ and moves like a LB off the ball. O is making it clear that the SEC is a D Line arms race right now and Smith would really solidify us for the next few years.

Winston1 and Bengal B like this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I agree Smith is potentially better than Roy or Guillory. But much like CEH who no one thought would become the player he became Roy and or Guillory could do the same thing. Hey we can't lose either way! Also agree O knows you have to start with the OL, DL and QB first. Like what he is doing just hope we have a season.

tzanghi likes this.