22 Hour Travel Day from San Francisco To Bossier City

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by CalcoTiger, Nov 14, 2018.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Just got back from visiting my dad in Bossier city and had a rough travel day getting there.

Got up at 4:00 am and got ready leaving for airport around 5:00 and arriving at American terminal around 6:00 for my 8:00am flight. Because of my foot I left plenty of time to get through security and get to gate. They always have to check the boot im in so I get pulled to the side.

Got through security and proceeded to gate and was waiting and they came over intercom and said our plane wasn't repaired yet from service required prior day and it could be hours before plane is ready.

So they immediately started shifting people with connections to other flights. About 10:00 they say they have a plane and it is on the way from repair terminal. At 11:30 it arrives at gate. They board and we finally leave at 12:20. Flight goes ok till we are in landing pattern and we are on approach and pilot guns engines to go back up in the air. Comes on speaker after we get up to height to circle pattern and says our landing gear will not come down. Be patient and we will work on it.

So we are in circle pattern for 45 minutes and he says they have gotten landing gear down and we will be landing. we land and since I am renting car to drive to Bossier City by the time I get it and on road it is rush hour in dallas and it is 7:00pm local time when I get across Dallas. Losing 2 hours from the time change from Pacific.

So I drive to Bossier and I get to the Waskom City limits and I 20 is shut down due to work on one of the bridges and every vehicle is being routed off the 156 Waskom, loop a 2 lane road and there are over 500 to 1000 18 wheelers either trying to get through or parked in one of the lanes and they are sleeping in one of the I-20 lanes. From Waskom to the place my dad stays takes me 4 and a half hours. I get there at 2:30 in the morning.

I was fighting staying awake on the road as there were times we would go 50 yards in 30 minutes. There were cars trying to get to access road but didn't realize the ditches with high grass were full of water and they were getting stuck.

Someone from the Highway Dept should have their ass kicked because they have been working on that 1 bridge by the Rest area as you enter La. from Texas for 3 years.

And it was pouring rain and I am diabetic. Sitting and barely moving for hours. That large tea I drank finally forced me to go out into the storm and get drenched.

But I spent 4 days with my 85 year old dad. Man he needs a hearing aid but wont get one. We watched the LSU Arkansas game with volume 74 on the TV. My ears are still ringing.

2. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Holy cow! Glad you finally made it. Google "TV Ears" for your dad and get them for him for Christmas. They will allow him to have volume as he wants it and everyone else can have volume like they want it

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why didn't he get a connecting flight from Dallas to Shreveport?

4. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I can rent a car for a third of the cost that flights cost and my brother lives in dallas area. was coming back there.