23 term NY Rep Rangel fosters racial disharmony

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Jan 7, 2015.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

In the midst of all the race focused issues going on in NY, how is it that this African American Rep can make such an incredibly stupid and hateful comment and claim it is the right thing to do in order for the NYPD to fight racism in their ranks?

"I was in combat, and I’m telling you, I saw more dead people, but I never was moved until I saw dead people that looked like me in my uniform. It does make a difference."

So he was never moved when he saw a dead white, asian, or hispanic serviceman? Exactly how does this comment forward race relations? And as a human, how do you not feel moved to see your dead compatriots, regardless of their race?

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You answered your question. It's up there, look closely. I just posted something along those lines in another thread. Let a white man say something like that and there would be trouble; HOWEVER, fuck that guy, he's entitled to his opinion. That's part of the problem, society stifles free speech by trying to crucify any person that says something other than "showing the love."

All it does it make people shy away from speaking about things that need to be said. In turn, that keeps us from being able to address/resolve issues that need addressing. If everyone would just be like me and my man MasterMind, there would be no race issues.

Nothing is going to change that guys' outlook. Even if he comes out and apologizes, it's all eye-wash.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    uscvball likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Screw Rangel. Dude is a scumbag.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Rangel is an idiot with a long history of racial insults, like calling Tea Partiers "white crackers" and saying that the Republicans support slavery. The party of Lincoln, no less. He has 11 ethics violations in his long public career. A clown.

His comment of the day is insensitive . . . but, I suspect he's being honest. Lots of lily white soldiers in WWII and Vietnam felt the same way about asian casualties versus their own. Like Jimmy the Greek found out, there are truths best left unspoken.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

boy that Steve Scalise.... says some of the darn.....

oh this is about Rangle, wrong thread i'll look for that one in FSA.

LSUDad and LSUTiga like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Scalise admitted that he made a mistake.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Scalise is under fire from Democrats, civil rights leaders, and the media. Clearly his issues have been called out and his decision is being discussed nationally while his Congressional position is in jeopardy. Rangel has a long history of racist commentary and yet he's been in Congress since 1971 and is the second-longest currently serving member. He made comments specific to the NYPD and claims of racism in their ranks. Not only that but he did so on MSNBC and there wasn't even a blip of question, concern, shock, anything from the show's host or any fallout after the interview.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, start one, wiseass. I'll kick Scalise around a bit for you.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

They always do. Frankly, I'm surprised how easy they get off with only an apology. It's not like it's a slip of the tongue, it's a mentality. Saying, "Sorry" is horseshit when it comes to racial outbursts, practices, etc. cause they aren't, really. Instead of saying "sorry" they should speak the truth and said "scared"..."Scared I lose my job."

And that goes back to what I said earlier. People accept the apology and move on instead of having some real conversations. A lot of that is they're worried about being perceived as racist which goes back to losing their job. I try to have real-speak up in hur and I know some of you really think I have some race issues. To be honest, as much as I like to jack with MM I was kinda hurt, once, that I felt he thought I had some race issues. I'm a very righteous person and it's gotten me in some trouble in my life and workplace, (and here too) but none of it race-related.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Lol your rebuttals are like the sun coming up in the morning. Predictable and transparent