23 term NY Rep Rangel fosters racial disharmony

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Jan 7, 2015.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

As are yours.

These two stories are not equivalent. I was not surprised at all to see a stupid, ignorant Republican and he's getting called on it. Conversely I was stunned to hear a veteran say he didn't give a shit about another dead soldier unless they were black, like him. And this is supposed to help the situation in New York, how?

shane0911 likes this.
  2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

but you didnt start a thread about the other, as i said predictable and you will claim after being called out that you are not a right winger.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

You did not "call me out". That is just silly. What was thread-worthy about a Republican politician claiming ignorance over a very bad decision? He was called on the carpet for it....by just about everyone. Shocking....not. What IS surprising to me is a long-term Congressional rep, in the middle of a racial firestorm in NY, claiming he never cared about seeing dead bodies unless they were black. That is morally repugnant, confusing, and completely unhelpful. And not a bat of an eye from anyone in the media.

I don't find it necessary to claim what I am and am not. Labels are weak. I don't do that to others here.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

you just dont understand what Im saying, but continue to cherry pick and practice selective outrage. Just about everyone is false, the House republicans basically said it was a non issue, even a few dems in Louisiana. Yes it was thread worthy, maybe not to you, it doesnt fit your narrative and thats fine, im not labeling you, you are labeling yourself according the to subject matter of your post.
    but hey, lets keep pretending.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

Its up to Rangel to practive sensitivity, when ole Steve said he is David Duke without the baggage, who is in GOP leadership, i guess thats solving the problem. But hey lets put the onus on Rangel.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think we have bashed both of them sufficiently. Public figures will make politically incorrect quotes that they regret. Rangel just has a long history of it and it has long been obvious that racial politics is an issue with him. Scalise has just been outed and he's trying to get the genie back into the bottle.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

If it was thread-worthy, why didn't you start one? "My" narrative is America first, military next. It always has been. It shouldn't come as a surprise that I have a certain sensitivity to those who serve our country. I've made it a personal mission in my own life and certainly bored enough posters here with it.

Scalise isn't, or wasn't on my radar and I had to look it up to see where he was from. Apologies for my ignorance in not knowing more about him. For me, he's just another lame, lying, disingenuous politician. Did I ever suggest he should keep his leadership position? I hope he doesn't. I was grossly disappointed to see that idiot Boehner get voted back in as a leader.

I am more pissed off that Rangel was suggesting that he felt nothing for white brothers in arms. And secondly, I don't understand how that furthered the discussion of race in NY.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

in the grand scheme of things Rangel has always been an idiot and has played identity politics. he means nothing, he is not in leadership and should have lost his seat a while back. Scalise is weird to me, he is catholic and he damn well knew who David Duke was, I dont get why he lied about knowing what the group was about and why he was there. It looks bad.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It does. I suspect he was trying to get the David Duke constituency behind him and thought that this camouflaged group was sufficient cover. Now it's all about damage control. And if he has made any other questionable statements or has more questionable affiliations, there is a spotlight on it now and hundreds of media types trying to find more dirt. If he made that one stupid move and nothing much else turns up, he will survive it. But if more dirt turns up and it snowballs on him, he'll carry the white supremacist label for a long time.

Winston1 likes this.