247 shows some big movers

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by deuce985, Feb 10, 2012.

1. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Showing love for Louisiana this year, several big movers early in the process: UPDATE: The Top247 for 2013

Kendell Beckwith – ATH, Jackson (La.) East Feliciana
    Move: From 119 to 62
    Quote: “It takes some courage to pull the trigger on putting a starting quarterback into the Top100 as a defensive tackle but when you watch Beckwith’s film, you see elite athleticism and a full-speed physical presence on the defensive side. He definitely doesn’t have the mentality of a quarterback.” - Barton Simmons

Tim Williams – WDE, Baton Rouge (La.) University
    Move: From 186 to 84
    Quote: "A big mover in our latest rankings, Williams is a blend of quickness, speed and lateral agility. Williams has all of the skills that college coaches covet in edge pass rushers. It will not be surprise if Williams doesn't end up the top prospect in Louisiana in the 2013 class at the end of the day." - Gerry Hamilton

Josh Boutte – OG, New Iberia (La.) Westgate
    Move: From unranked to 117
    Quote: “Let’s be clear, Josh Boutte is a raw offensive lineman but he’s also a massive dude with plenty of tools to work with. For a big kid he is very nimble and gets to the second level in a hurry. He may not be an immediate contributor but he’s got a major ceiling.” - Barton Simmons

Jeryl Brazil – ATH, Loranger (La.) High School
    Move: From 177 to 146
    Quote: "Speed and quickness in spades is the best way to describe the uber athletic Louisiana prospect. While he is raw, and his best football is in the future, his speed, quickness and willingness for physical play gives him a very high ceiling." - Gerry Hamilton

Tre’Davious White – ATH, Shreveport (La.) Green Oak
    Move: From unranked to 170
    Quote: “Good luck holding this kid down to one position. He could be a wide receiver, cornerback or safety on the next level and he is all over the field in high school. Film review revealed White as one of the top players in Louisiana.” - Barton Simmons

Jeremy Cutrer – S, Kentwood (La.) Sumner
    Move: From unranked to 181
    Quote: “Cutrer is a safety with bad Intentions. The kid has great downhill burst and when he hones in on the football, he accelerates through contact. This type of player is the reason LSU’s defense has been so dominant of late.” - Barton Simmons

Melvin Jones – ILB, Lake Charles (La.) Washington-Marion
    Move: From unranked to 223
    Quote: “A first team all-state performer in Louisiana’s class 4A, Jones was a kid who I was very anxious to see on film. He didn’t disappoint. The kid is massive at 6-4, 230 but moves with enough athleticism to line up at wildcat quarterback.” - Barton Simmons

Current LSU commits and rankings on 247:

Josh Boutte- 93 4* - National- 117
    Jeremy Cutrer- 92 4* - National- 181
    Tre'Davious White- 92 4* - National- 170
    Jeryl Brazil- 92 *4- National- 147
    Chuck Baker- 85 *3- National- Unranked

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

With those reviews among others I have seen to go along with all the film, you can see why I said LSU is in great shape this year with the guys we have on board and the ones we will have in the near future.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Bhelm,

What about the tight end from Barbe. How are our chances with him?

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Have heard any details yet but hearing we are in good shape.

5. GinoJ

GinoJ Veteran Member

Not to step on anyone's toes, but I didn't get the same warm feeling when talking to DeSean with him being a lean to LSU. In fact, he is no different than most recruits at this time of year, he is completely wide-open.

I will gladly give updates on his recruitment, and Bhelm keep grinding my man. Love anyone who loves LSU like I do.

Geaux Tigers