27 seconds left and you call a timeout on the 9 second mark

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 21, 2009.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You are right. I might be know here in my short time as a sunshine pumper but I will admit that I am and was wrong about Miles.

I love LSU always, but Miles ( and other coaches on the team) are just dumb.

2. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

How do they lose track of the time? The clock was stopped before our 2nd to last play of the game. We were in a time out. The PK was warming up on the sideline and was pumped to go. When the pass was completed, the PK team should have been running to the ball. Would it have been hurried? Yep. Might he have missed it because of that? Yep. So in the alternative, you run a play. What do we get? A spiked ball. Reminds me of Chris Webber calling timeout for Michigan during what was probably a championship run. The timeout didn't exist, it cost them the game, and that was that. Except that was a player mistake mostly. Still, the coaches have to tell these guys what the situation is. How does Jefferson spike that ball????

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think that was why JJ went to the line looking like WTF am I doing out here.

4. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Why in the world don't you have your FG team right at the coaches side when this happens? Somebody on the staff, somebody has to say as soon as Tolliver catches the ball, "FG team to the field" That has to be discussed during the timeout.

You would think that someone would be the head coach? Wouldn't you.

5. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Whats the rule on the last play? Did it count or had time already ran out? Don't the clock start as soon as the ball is placed down by the ref? If thats the case no way we get a play off, much less have time to spike it.. We lost it when we dropped back to pass from the 32 on first down.. No way can JJ take a sack at that time... he is not good in clutch situations & neither is Les Miles... Leadership is terrible with these coaches... what - 3 or 4 delay of game penaltys in our 11th game of the season. Thats improvement???