2nd Amendment Issue

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Dec 17, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

What do you guys think about this?

Are police to match firepower with firepower?
    Here in Palm Beach County. Our Sherrif, who is a son of a bitch, which I dont mind, did something really interesting.
    Instead of confining officers to 9MM, he lets any officer carry any gun on patrol at anytime as long as they are certified on that particular gun.
    So if an officer wants to carry an M-16 in his trunk, he can do it as long as he is trained and certified on it.

Wouldnt this be a good solution to criminals with AK-47s and AR-15s?

Police: Criminals are packing more heat - USATODAY.com

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

As long as they were more strict with who they let become police i wouldn't have a problem with it. What about a bazooka?

3. LSUMASTERMIND

wife used to work at the police department in community affairs and she was able to let me go to the police gun range all the time, some of the guns the instructor let me shoot, had me thinking I was in a video game. These guys carry some serious stuff.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I got no problem with that. Let them carry whatever they're man enough to pack around, so long as they can accurately use it. One thing did catch my eye though...

Impossible.. Everyone knows Chicago has the toughest anti-gun laws. This must be a misprint. They couldn't have seized that many weapons in a place where they're banned... I mean after all, that's why they banned them right? To get rid of them, right? :wink:

Jus' sayin'...

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Its always great when they take the weapons out of the hands of the law-abiding citizens to get the effective reduction on the street. Those are some very promising statistics. Heck, that's working almost as well as the federal stimulus :dis:

6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Absolutely. And to some degree have that policy here in Shreveport. But the problem lies in allowing the wrong guys to have that kind of power.

7. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

My department allows some officers to carry a semi-automatic AR-15. They've done well with whom they have allowed to carry it, and the requirements to carry it are strict. My worry is the small, podunk PD's getting them, or cities that don't test the offucers that carry them. Firepower without competence is as deadly as getting shot.

That being said, and being the owner of of several firearms, I don't see the need for fully automatic weapons for sale to a civilian market. Most autos that we see on the street are either stolen or modified.

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUMASTERMIND

You cant say that around here, what is wrong with you:hihi::hihi::hihi:

9. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Oops, is my donkey tail sticking out of my elephant costume?:hihi: But if you really want to cut down on a lot of crime, you need to get rid of the crap that they shoot people with: low cost POS semiauto's tat jam after three rounds. I think those should be banned, and let gun ownership be like hunting or any other hobby; one that you have to invest in:)

10. LSUMASTERMIND

I dont think an outright ban is the answer stricter laws on gun shows and dealers. Because here in Florida guys with clean records get a bunch of cash from these gangs to go to gun shows and buy Ak-47s, Uzi's, Mac-10s, etc. And they just bring them to the gangs and report the guns stolen.