Military 2nd Cold War?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 8, 2014.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

They have been flying these missions near our coasts longer than I can remember. It gives the Eagle pilots in Alaska more air time.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Sorry bro i was high and I kept wondering what the dreadlocked cunt or a an old person's word for sex had to with anything.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe he was talking about the Whoopie Cushion, a novelty product that when placed on a chair or couch and sat on emitted fart like noises

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Cause for concern, but not panic. This ain't your daddy's Soviet Union. They are messing with former parts of the old USSR, not with NATO or the USA. And they aren't looking particularly overwhelming about it either. Ukraine and Russia are ethnically and historically two peas in a pod. They are more alike than the US and Canada. Meanwhile their adventurism and influence in the Middle East has waned considerably. In the old Cold War, every fight we got into around the world had the Soviets behind it. Not so in the Middle East.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

As I said, a cause for concern. However the consequences can be serious.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Crazy mofo played the nuclear card.

"Moscow doesn't want or intend to wade into any "large-scale conflicts," Putin insisted at a youth forum, state-run Itar-Tass reported. A few breaths later, he made the point that Russia is "strengthening our nuclear deterrence forces and our armed forces," making them more efficient and modernized.

"I want to remind you that Russia is one of the most powerful nuclear nations," the President said. "This is a reality, not just words."

He later warned, "We must always be ready to repel any aggression against Russia and (potential enemies) should be aware ... it is better not to come against Russia as regards a possible armed conflict."

Now what?

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Man that Brer' Vladimir . . . he bad.