2nd Half Emotion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DaNutria, Jan 11, 2012.

1. DaNutria

DaNutria Founding Member

I was at the game and could not believe how flat the team played. There was no swagger or dominance in their attitude. It was most evident when the team took the field for the second half.
    Did anyone else notice how long it took for the entire team to come out of the tunnel? When the cheerleader ran out, only about 2-3 dozen players ran out after them. The remainder of the team trickled out over the next 3-4 minutes. I particularly noticed that Randall walked out of the tunnel to the sidelines. Dpesn't the entire team usually run out together? There was no fire, no passion and no unity.
    What the hell was said at half time and why weren't we running out of the tunnel as a team?

2. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

I'd like to know too. We all invest in the team and I don't think it unreasonable to have a want to expect answers. I am fascinated at your observations, being unable to attend myself. I wondered what eyewitness LSU fans had to say about things the TV cameras never show, such as:

1. What was the demeanor of the team on the sidelines?
    2. Any signs of life from the coaching staff?
    3. Any and all impressions appreciated.

:helmet::geaux::helmet: in 2012-2013!

3. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

It was evident on the second half kickoff, too. A freshman WR took it from 7 yards deep out across the 30, pushing a pile of LSU players ten yards. I was pretty sure at that point that it was over.

4. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

If you were at the game you missed Les' feeble half time interview with Erin. He did not seem like himself at all. So I doubt the halftime speech was very motivating.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I cannot help but feel the team had the same kind of approach the fans had.
    IE dissapointed we had to play Bama again. Almost like "We already had to do this once and won and now they are saying we had to do it again"

Bama came out with a chip on its shoulder. LSU (and our fans) almost had a lethargic approach.
    Kind of goes back to the "Anti-Climactic" post we had. Everyone seemed almost disappointed to be playing Bama again. It showed.

Not an excuse but just seemed the team felt they already won this battle why do they have to do it again as where Bama had all the motivation.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Jefferson was offering no enthusiasm, only getting increasing frustrated. The starters were getting tired because few reserves are used on offense. The team needed some fresh bodies in there. They could not have done worse and might have created a spark and caught the team on fire.

7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I knew deep down this would be the case. I tried convincing myself for 37 days that we would come out and play LSU football. With their resume, if they had gone 14-0, I'd be calling them the greatest team of all-time. It would've taken a truely great and special team to beat Bama twice. Unfortunately they were just not that great. Gotta be a really COMPLETE team to be the greatest of all-time. Let's face it, we had a glaring weakness at the most important position: QB.

8. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

There was a point in the 3rd quarter where I swore the look on his face was "coach please get me out of here." Can't blaim him for not asking, but it looked like he knew he was fried.

9. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

It was like our season ended a month ago. This team was finished playing football. We were AWESOME in 2011....too bad this game was in 2012

10. NWtiger

NWtiger Veteran Member

For all the second half it looked like everyone in the team was just hoping for the game to be over ASAP. I guess we will never know what truly happened.