2nd half offensive effort against Alabama was a fluke

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DoctorDave, Nov 13, 2010.

1. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I don't know WTF is going on. A great second half against Bama last week and tonight as of this post one QB is 4 for 13 and the other is 4 for 9 against ULM. There's no rhyme or reason to it. It's just the way the Tigers offense is going to be for the foreseeable future. We should be used to this by now. But the D is playing lights out and the running game looks good. Jasper is the new Colt David. Lots of the young players getting meaningful snaps.

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Michael Ford is a stud.

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

2nd half offense against ULM must be a fluke as well.

1 person likes this.
  4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I'm laughing still at the people who think the LSU offense did well last week. They completed two passes that they normally do not: 75 yards to Randle and the 3rd down conversion thrown by a cold JL. Outside of that, it was miserable as always.

It's (still) about execution. Easy to get up and focus against great teams like Alabama and Auburn. Apparently not so much for ULM.

1 person likes this.
  5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Ok, at the time of this post, the score now is 51-0. I don't have access to the game. It is safe to say the offense has picked it up? Either way, there's no hope for you people that are b!tching. 51-0 and you're still not please? Ridiculous!

:huh::insane:

6. Rex C.

Rex C. member

If ANYTHING has been proven to be a fluke - it's this thread.

Last I checked the score was 51-0 in the fourth. So much for your lack-of-offense argument.

1 person likes this.
  7. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

We only had 276 yds of total offense. I'm super excited we got to 50 pts, but it was because of Defense and Special Teams for the most part.

8. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

LSU had 276 yds. of offense in the game. Most of the people on this thread have no idea whether this is good or bad.

As an exercise, go to ncaafootball.com and look up where a team would rank if it averaged 276 yds. of offense per game. You might learn something.

9. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

That's what CLM wants Nutt-case to think.

"Be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbits.":geaux:

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

It didn't really matter tonight. We were working with short fields all night, plus we got 2 defensive TD's. We didn't turn the ball over, and all we needed were for the QB's to manage the game, which they did. The defense played lights out.

We are now 9-1. Most of us thought we would finish with 9 wins. We have the chance to run the table and finish the regular season 11-1. Not too shabby for a team that has struggled so much on offense...

:geauxtige