2nd half offensive effort against Alabama was a fluke

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DoctorDave, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Rational people don't give a phuck how you beat a team 51-0. Go to ncaafootball.com and look up where a team would rank scoring 51 pts/game, and giving up 0 on defense. Go look at the BCS and see where a 9-1 SEC team ranks. YOU might learn something.

1 person likes this.
  2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

276 yds total offense, 2-12 3rd down conversion, 10/22 passing for 95 yds. and 0 TD is not a good offensive game to anyone. The running game was actually great though. The defense was amazing. They didn't have penalties. They converted all 5 turnovers into points. They didn't turn the ball over. These are all positives.

But overall the offense still stunk. If you see it differently I don't know what to tell you.

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Yep, we suck.

Signed, 9-1.

P.S. 51-0. What in the phuck do you want?

4. Random LSU Fan

Random LSU Fan Founding Member

Last time I checked total yards don't score up on the scoreboard, points do.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Never said I saw it differently. I saw total domination, amazing defense, ULM trying absolutely EVERYTHING they could think of, and having nothing work. This is a ridiculous thread. Not putting it on you. At least you recognized the numerous positives.

6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

He said the offense, not the team as a whole.

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Yeah, and does 51-0 means the O sucks?

8. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Would have liked to seen some prettier passing numbers, but you can't complain much when you hang half a hundred on somebody and shut them out.

9. WoodlandsTiger

WoodlandsTiger Founding Member

You are correct, but whether it is 250 or 25 in the SEC, I prefer LSU wins. Sometimes it is a defense that helps a team out against teams like North Carolina, Vanderbilt, West Virginia, Tennessee, Miss. State, Florida and Alabama. Isn't it amazing that our offense has sucked yet we are 9-1?

We did get beat by the best player I've seen in the SEC since Herschel Walker(sorry, wasn't a Tebow fan) and I'm not sure he should be on the field. Not an excuse, and all props go to Cam, because he is awesome as a player. I will not say what I think about the situation. Well, maybe I will say one thing. If some or most of what has been stated, Auburn's SEC and possible National Championship run is a sham. It will kill Auburn and has already screwed the SEC in public opinion. Yes, the Yankees, Mid Westerners, East Coasters and West Coasters will jump on the bandwagon. I never liked Tuberville, but this really blows!!!

10. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

They didn't have to drive the length of the field all night. Look, I don't mean to pile on, but being 9-1 and scoring 51 pts tonight doesn't make the offense good.