3 days at camp

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Oct 13, 2015.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Loaded up fri evenin and headed to my cabin for the 3 day weekend to work and hunt a little. Got bout half way there and had some tire issues. Got that changed and back underway but put us gettin there much later than expected. Got there to find out someone had broken in within the last 2 weeks but we don't leave much of value there bc the area is lousy with tweekers and crack heads so all they made off with is 1 treestand which never should have been left and one old half tore up pop up blind thing. At least they didn't trash the place and even shut the doors back. So anyways by the time we did an inventory and the initial rage wore down a little it was near 4am before got in bed. So didn't get up early sat morning but rolled out of bed finally about 7 and went for a little squirrel hunt behind my cabin and scout some deer sign on acorns while dad cooked breakfast. Killed 8 greys pretty quick and let a couple big pretty red squirrels go(don't like them so don't shoot em often just prefer the greys) and found some fair deer sign right by cabin. Then had to get to work on cabin stuff, take a break to watch lsu game, then back to work. Bow hunted sun morning pretty much in cabin yard on some red oaks and saw 1 doe but no shot. Back to work sun till evenin then moved over to some old reliable early water oaks and looked like the deer were hittin em hard. Saw 2 does there which again gave no shot chances and a 4 point that was was smaller than state legal that of course fed around in the wide open at 10 yards for prob 45 minutes. Moccasins thick and active killed 3 of those layin in foot trail to stand and prob that many more get away into the river.

KyleK likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Definitely your worst post EVER. No fuckin pics PLUS a got dam thesis. This aint facebook, bitch.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

take it easy on him Tiger....I like his stories just fine.
    Keep talking, sir and pay no mind to this ill mannered coon ass.....:p

KyleK and LSUTiga like this.
  4. jvalhenson

Naw it's cool. He's just mad that he can't do any of it is all.

5. Tiger in NC

Oh I know....I just like giving ole Tiga a hard time when I can.....

Keep posting, love the pics and stories.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I figured he's been here long enough for us to bust his balls some. Man I used to love getting you worked up. ;)

7. jvalhenson

Well in the spirit of bustin balls.....I'll say bring it on.....but until you get some kinda decent report of your own to contribute might want to keep the nonsense in the round table and leave the sportsman forum to the grown folk

Tiger in NC, KyleK and Bengal B like this.
  8. Tiger in NC

What do you mean "used to"?

LSUTiga likes this.