3 LSU games on the “Ten Biggest Games of the Year” list

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Apr 7, 2004.

1. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

Collegefootballnews.com has 3 LSU games on the “Ten Biggest Games of the Year” list. Including the #1 game, LSU at UGA. God I’m jacked.

How about USC? Wow that PAC 10 is a tough league! It must be nice to have one big game a year. And Washington State is a juggernaut.

The Ten Biggest Games of the Year

1. Oct. 2 - LSU at Georgia
    Not only a possible SEC title preview, but this should be a battle between two top four teams.

2. Oct. 9 - Texas vs. Oklahoma
    With all due respect to the rest of the Big XII, this is the only game Texas won't be a double-digit favorite.

3. Sept. 6 - Florida State at Miami
    The ACC title will be decided before the season really gets underway. Welcome to your new league Miami.

4. Nov. 20 - Michigan at Ohio State
    As always, this should decide the Big Ten title, or at least have a say in the BCS race.

5. Oct. 30 - Florida vs. Georgia
    Can Georgia finally break the Florida hex? This should be for the SEC East title.

6. Oct. 16 - Oklahoma at Kansas State
    Kansas State isn't the same team it was last year, but this is still an intriguing rematch of the 2003 Big XII Championship.

7. Sept. 18 - LSU at Auburn
    Auburn will be better than you think. The house will be rocking with the SEC West title on the line.

8. Oct. 9 - Tennessee at Georgia
    Always a classic, the loser will have a brutal road to climb to get back in the East race.

9. Oct. 9 - LSU at Florida
    LSU will look for payback for its only loss of 2003, while Ron Zook might need this to prove he can win big games in the Swamp like Mr. Visor did.

10. Oct. 30 - USC at Washington State
    A dangerous road game for the Trojans. Don't forget that USC has been tripped up on the road in the Pac 10 each of the last two years. The Cougars got them in 2002.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I also noticed that the SEC is very well represented in general on that list. I'm thinking that link won't be posted on wearesc.com--as it won't lend credence to their "The SEC is inferior to the PAC 10" argument.

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I cannot wait for football season to get here. I'll be at all three of those games listed, well I'll be at every single game next year. I'm definitely excited about the UGA game. Let's go for three in a row against the Dogs!!!

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'm really praying that we have a QB playing pretty good by then as I think we will need some balance and mistake free football to win at UGA and UF. Auburn I just don't see being real good on defense and their QB will surprise me if he is playing well in his 3rd offense in 3 years.

5. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

If I may join the football discussion with a little perspective on the Auburn team...

I think our overall defense will be improved this year (call me a homer...go ahead). Last year our LBs were not allowed to blitz as they have in the pass due to our inexperienced secondary. This year we return all the starters and add a pretty good JUCO corner in David Irons, Jr. This will free up the LBs and not force them to drop into pass coverage as much. We will lose some push up the middle, but our depth at DT should be sufficient.
    Our offense is the most exciting part of the team (finally...I can't remember the last time I was able to say that). Borges has really opened up the passing game and Campbell is looking pretty good in the spring. Borges has commented that Campbell has picked up his (Borges's) offense faster than any QB he's ever coached (I guess all the changes in OCs will do that to you).

Anyway, sorry to interrupt your discussion, just thought you'd like a little insight into our game. I can't wait for that one.

6. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I am SHOCKED and a little P*SSED that USC @ Stanford is NOT on this list...

OR Cal vs. Stanford.....riiiiiii-ght.....

****AS ALWAYS THE PAC-1 IS A FREAKIN' JOKE****

...but ask these monkeys out here and they'll whine about
    "EAST COAST BIAS"...

I think some people out here still think that the original 13 colonies were started where they were due to "EAST COAST BIAS".....

7. BB

BB Founding Member

Mark this down - you may even roll it up in your cigar and smoke it: NICK SABAN WILL NEVER LOSE ANOTHER GAME TO TOMMY SNUBERVILLE IN HIS CAREER - BANK ON IT :champs:

8. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Good to see they have LSU-OSU as the best game of the day Sept. 4.

I can't think of a reason why College Football Gameday wouldn't be broadcasting from Baton Rouge that day, especially if it's going to be an ESPN evening game (as I've heard it likely will be).

First game of the year following a National Championship won in New Orleans, a home game, against a team possibly/probably in the Top 25 to start the season AND with the Gameday crew in town.

Think campus will be a fun place to be that day? :)

In case you're wondering, Gameday does indeed start with the live remotes on the first weekend of the season (they did an Ohio St game last year on Aug 30th).

9. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Every year Auburn fans have told me how Campbell is looking great and will have a good year. He hasn't produced yet so I'm not expecting him to this year. While you believe your defense may be better I'm going to have to differ in opinion. I think you guys lost way too much up front to be better than last year. Those guys had talent and played all out.

10. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Duly noted. ;)