3 LSU games on the “Ten Biggest Games of the Year” list

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerStagg, Apr 7, 2004.

1. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Well to be fair, I never said Campbell was looking great. I don't think he'll ever be considered a "great" QB. I do, however, think that the lack of QB coaching has, up to this point, handicapped him a bit. I hope he finally lives up to his HS hype this year.

Differing opinions I expect here. No problems with that. Of course we will miss Dansby and Thomas, you don't just replace guys like that with no drop off. I'm just saying that I think the reports of our defensive demise are a bit premature.

Thanks for letting me join the discussion, by the way.

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Feel free to post often wesfau. Its always nice to be able to have civil discussions with rival fans.

3. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Thanks DD, you guys sure are some decent heathens. I haven't even had a cup of piss thrown at me...yet. :grin:

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Well, stick around a while. We'll do that right before we toss your grandmother into Mike's cage.

5. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

:D :D

Please show me some mercy. I'll even offer up my first born as a sacrifice to your pagan gods of the bayou. :grin:

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

We throw first borns over the edge of Tiger Stadium to see if they can land on the opposing team's bus.

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Wesfau...I'm sorry, but Bobby Petrino and Mazzone were BOTH very good offensive coaches. I think that Petrino has proved he was by the fact that The Lil Emperor himself wanted to hire him away and sent Housel The Henchman out there on his Auburn Force 1...

The comment that Campbell will improve because he is receiving proper coaching is a misnomer. He had TWO excellent coaches. Neither could improve him, nor even "develop" him, so to speak.

To say that he is picking up the offense "faster than any QB ever has" means not too much, in my estimation. It's still a first year offense, with players who are wholly unfamiliar, and who will struggle in it.

Auburn will-once again-hang its hat on its running game, and to be honest, I'd be very worried about that. You might have more talent in your top two at tailback than we have in our entire backfield (fire away, but wait to hear an explanation), but where you will have trouble is your offensive line.

Anyone who kept up with your team knew that your offensive line TOTALLY let you down last year. They were totally outmanned, and it was almost embarassing when you think of the expectations.

Ours-on the other hand-was perhaps the most talented in the Saban Era, and ground teams to a pulp-especially in the 2nd half of the season. All the offensive backfield talent in the WORLD will not allow you to succeed if you don't have the grunts up front blocking.

Your offense has not found nor improved its talent, nor its "will to win" which is what it needs most. Your team will beat up on Bama, and Ole Miss and MSU will allow you to have at least three wins in the conference. Every other game will be a crapshoot for you, even Arkansucks...

8. Gorilla

Gorilla Founding Member

That article by CFN really underscores what a cast iron bitch our schedule is next year. Three games listed in their top 10 biggest games of the year, all away, and all by the 2nd Saturday in October. If anybody can get a team ready for that, its Saban, but that's tough any way you look at it.

9. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

I'll give you Patrino...I hated to see him go. But Mazzone was not a very good coach at all. He is now running the NCST offense in the ground. Did you see the goal line calls against OSU?

Borges coached Cade McNown (a pretty good college QB), so I'll put some stock in his comments about Campbell's ability to run this offense. Also remember that Borges ran the UCLA offense that featured DeShaun Foster and McNown, so he knows how to utilize a talented RB and complement that with a passing attack.

I know that Campbell hasn't been spectacular, but he's been consistent. I'd take him over any QB in the SEC with the exception of David Greene.

The OLine will be a question mark. No doubt about it. Mostly because Hugh Freakin Nall is still on the staff. Tub is loyal to his staff to a fault, I think. This will be the facet of our offense that makes or breaks the season, you're right about that.

I think we'll handle the Hogs easily...they lost waaaaaaay too much to field much more than an intramural team. Nutt does seem to be able to confound Tuberville for some reason though. Ole Miss is a toss up...they lose Eli and Collins, but not much else. Still, losing Eli is losing alot.

The only games on our schedule that I think will be uphill battles are the LSU and UGA games. I think we can handle the rest. Of course, that could just be blind fan optimism. :cool:

10. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

We'll let Mike piss on you after we throw your grandmother AND your firstborn into his cage!

:helmet: :lsug: :geaux: :champs: :helmet: :lsug: :geaux: :champs: