3 LSU Tigers make "Buyer Beware" NFL list

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by unclenick, Feb 7, 2020.

1. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

You sure are loaded in the negative margins today, aren't you?

I get that everything does not and should not be positive and there is balance in a game played by kids, but you certainly point things out one sided. Almost like a prosecutor in court, painting the picture only of guilt.

Are you that depressed? Or do you just enjoy shining light on the other side of the story??

furduknfish, shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  3. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Just saw the article this morning & posted it. These are just opinion pieces.

Did you even read the article?

TigerTap likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I don't see K'Lavon mentioned anywhere in this article. And the writer's take on Delpit is ridiculous. Basically he says, Delpit missed more tackles this year than he did last year. Oh, yeah, he was playing hurt most of the season, and that probably accounts for that. But I'll just ignore that fact because it negates my preconceived notion

5. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

EDGE K’LAVON CHAISSON, LSU
    Buyer beware of: Middling grades

Chaisson is such a head-scratching prospect. The reason being was that he was rarely completely blanked by even the best tackles he faced. He had four pressures against the Georgia offensive line, five against Texas and two against Alabama. But even with big second-half leads and an elite athletic profile, Chaisson never came close to dominating. He finished the year with a 78.9 pass-rushing grade and only 35 pressures on 370 pass-rushing snaps in 2019. Nothing about those numbers screams “first-round pick,” and they don’t get any better when we try to isolate for obvious pass-rushing situations. Chaisson rushed the passer on 65 third-and-longs last season when LSU brought at least four defenders. He collected only seven pressures on those pass-rushes for a 66.9 pass-rushing grade.

First name mentioned. Think he's saying Delpit missed 25.6% of his tackle attemps.

TigerTap and Brian like this.
  6. CajunlostinCali

It ain't just the article, but your general input. Rarely, if at all do you opine on anything that is good and that is more of a trend over balance

tzanghi and shane0911 like this.
  7. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Do you really need to hear how Great Joe is along with the other zilions of times already fawned over? How great Joe Brady is?

I'm guessing neither are going to help us this year. Just a guess tho.

TigerTap likes this.
  8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Delpit played a different position for a bunch of games this year which of course changed his results.

9. CajunlostinCali

Not even the point, but there you go pointing somewhere else again.

Do you, man. We get it

10. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Pointing somewhere else? WTF? Who's your passing game coordinator?

I have no idea, but if O hires a Cambodian high school coach to coordinate our passing game, you'll say it was a great hire.

[​IMG]

TigerTap likes this.