3 national championships????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigernut4, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

could it happen, realisticly it mite happen this year,
    if the starting qb fills rohans shoes i think they have a shot
    basketball will have more bigmen and more depth this year(does the cinderella slipper fit????????)
    and baseball as always a contendor for the national championship, could it happen????? maybe. all i know is that im gearin up for a great year in LSU sports.

ps 3 national championships, has it ever been done before in one year?

2. StLee

StLee Founding Member

It won't happen in football, not this year. I love my Tigers and make it to every game. The Tigers have talent, but they do not yet have elite talent (very close!). I expect the Tigers to be 10-2 in the regular season (losses to Florida and either the opener or finale) and back in a New Year's Day bowl.

In basketball, the Tigers are definitely an NCAA tournament caliber team again, but they have the least chance to win a championship. I'd say they finish about fourth or fifth overall in the SEC and get a sixth or seventh seed in the tourney.

In baseball, yes, there is a great chance for the Tigers to win it all. They bring a lot of talent back and will definitely be a preseason Top 10.

3. Tigernut4

Tigernut4 Founding Member

football has a huge and healthy o line, same for d line, Bradie James is a top ten nfl pick next year, the secondary to say the least is much improved, we have running backs comin out of the gazoo, we have a s tar wr in michael clayton anad 2 solid ones with Jerel and Reggie Robinson, the question remains at quarterback, i am not sold on mauck as a passer, we know he can run we know he is gutsy, but can he gun it?
    basketball wise they could be cinderella, they hav the shooting, the defense, the experience, the coaching,depth, but can they bring it all together?