3 Tigers Projected in First 33 Draft Picks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 3, 2013.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Of the Sr's. Loston is one to keep an eye on. Some say he won't get drafted. He will be a 25 year old rookie in the NFL. Remember, he's around 6'1" 210 lbs., not many coming out this year with that size. At times he plays the run like a LB'er, he gets through traffic, at times takes good angles and wraps up. Runs very well for his size.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

The way he fancies himself a head hunter, he may kill himself in The League. Been one of my most hopefuls since we recruited him, had very high hopes of seeing Loston man handle defenses, but just saw glimpses at times. Wish him the best.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Can't wait for your writeup on Welter next year. lol

"At times" = 4 % of the time, btw

Anyone who does their due diligence on the kid won't draft him until the 6th or 7th round, if at all

LSUDad likes this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

We'll see, like I say, it only takes one team to like a player.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Truer words have never been said. Christian Ponder approves.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

how much, if any at all, do you guys think Mett's knee injury will hurt his draft status? I suppose a lot of it will depend on how long the recovery time will be but I would think that excludes him from most of the combine.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

The powers that be know he's a leader with a big arm. They know he has huge upside... Mett is a competitor and will do everything to rehabilitate his knee. Does he compete in the combine? Maybe maybe not but the league scouts know all they need to know about Mett imo. He may not go top of the first round, but his draft status shouldn't take a huge nose dive... like I said, everyone knows how good Murray is... think his knee injury drops his stock? And Mett is better than he is.

9. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I tend to agree, just interested to hear what others thought. I don't know that I've seen anyone else in CFB with as strong of an arm as Mett. As you said he is also a competitor and a leader so I also suspect him to be drafted in the second round. I've never believed the hype about him being a first rounder. Not a knock on him, just don't think he'll make the first round.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Had he had this kind of season and Cam tutoring him last year, then this season... yeh he would've been a definate 1st rounder. You also have to look at his poise in the pocket, dude knew on numerous possessions he was going to take a hit and stood tall and delivered a strike. Pro teams drool over that kind of stuff. I'm going to really miss Mettenberger... toughest QB we've had in years. Glad he was a Tiger.

LSUDad likes this.